It's that time of the year to have a yummy fresh cut tree in your house.
Off to Lowe's we went to get our Christmas Tree!!
Last year, we got one from Lowe's and were so happy with it - we tried it again this year!
There was the smallest selection this year...we were a week later than last year, so that might have something to do with it. But we are pretty sure we got the biggest one there!
What a Man!
Kid on his shoulders AND carrying the tree over with one arm!!!
Haha...kids looked thrilled!!
It took us about a week to get the tree fully decorated. We had company over the day we got it, so we waited and then sickness came and just other life commitments came up. But thankfully I remembered to water it, so it was still smelling nice and not dead!
We got a new star this year. The star we had when we first got married was one meant for a small tree...not a full size one. So I used my saving catchers money that was saved up from Walmart and got ourselves a new tree topper! Chris did the honors of putting it on!
But both nights when we did a little decorating, our tradition is to listen to Andrew Peterson's album 'Behold the Lamb of God'. It is the best Christmas music out there retelling the story of the coming of Christ.
Sorraya with her "Babies 1st Christmas" Ornament!
This was actually a gift and I was so thankful for it because I liked it and I remembered how hard it was for me to find one I liked for Ryken's 1st Christmas!
Ryken sure enjoyed helping put the the ornaments on.
He had a blast playing with all my old ornaments from a child - thinking they were just toys!
Sorraya had to check out the tree too!!
Love both of their little smiles!
Thankfully she has done very well with no touching the tree or lights!! Ryken really didn't mess with the tree when he was her age either.
But Sorraya sure likes to get those pine needles. She will get one in her mouth and just warble around on it forever...or until we get it pried out of her strong little mouth!
I struggle every year with getting a good picture of the tree lit. So this is the best I got....and our star is lopsided.
I still loved the idea of adding pictures to the tree! Picture of events and highlights of the year!
I didn't order them specifically for the tree this year...just used the ones we had around the house!
Just a few highlights:
My love and I from our sunflower photo shoot, by our ornament of our first christmas together.
Sorraya's Birth
Father's Day!
We got to keep our tree stump again!
It was thick and sappy!
But most importantly, a memory to keep!
Tried something new for our christmas cards that come in the mail.
Saw this idea on Pinterest and liked it.
Clip the cards with a clothespin to a strand of lights that is hung!
Ryken loves the lights in the house. First thing in the morning if they aren't already on, he asked to get them on. And same thing once we leave the house and come back.
He thinks it silly that we have to water the tree too. He always says, "The tree's thirsty?"
And Ryken, Raya and Daddy all working hard on decorating the felt tree together!
I guess Raya was taking them down!! :)
Oh what fun it is!




















All looks so great! I still love the tree stump what you write on. It is such a good idea! And Ember loves decorating our felt tree and Emmerson loves taking them down :)
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of hanging pictures on the tree! I may need to do that one year! Also love that you get to keep the stump part! What a fun collection you will have!
ReplyDelete