Week of August 17
These little girls are 10 days apart! We finally got a picture of them together!
Making cookies on Monday sure starts the week off good!!
It rained a lot over the weekend, so Ryken's dump truck was filled with water. There was already dirt in the truck so now it was mud! Even better! :)
Getting Sorraya in the morning, we are always greeted with a smile through the slots!!
I noticed some frogs hoping around in the foundation of the house in the lot next to us! So Ryken and I went over to see them!
Earlier Chris and Ryken saw some frogs in the front of the house and he loved them, so I knew since the opportunity came up - to take it!
Waving "Hi" to them!
One just hopped before I took this picture, so the fun of the excitement was captured! :)
The sprinkler guys came this week! They dug some trenches and started putting in the tubes. Ryken enjoyed watching something other than construction.
Sorraya turned 7 months on Friday!
Ryken was pretending this necklace was a snake. He made it go up over the leg of the changing table and then later under the door!
(As I am typing this, Ryken came over and said "There's Ryken and his "nake"! haha)
We went to Scheels one night to get some rub for the meat we were smoking on Saturday.
Since it is such a fun store...we looked around at all sorts of things!
They have a huge hunting section and have all these real stuffed animals!
He kept asking to see fish...so this was the best that we could do! A fish display!
He liked the "boats"! :)
There is this virtual sports things as well with all sorts of balls and sticks.
Ryken loved all balls that weren't in packages and liked the hockey stick the best!
One morning we went to visit Matt at the Bakery and get some donuts!
Ryken and Matt were looking for some soccer cookies!
He enjoyed his danish to the fullest!
Stopped by the farmers market this week and got some corn, green beans and watermelon!! Yum!
Ryken just randomly came up while Sorraya was on my lap and just started kissing her feet! He was kissing them long enough to get a picture!! It was sweet!
Someone was happy we finally cut into the watermelon!!
It was a good one too!
We went on a walk one afternoon (Raya was in the carrier) and Ryken asked to stop and smell the flowers.
I later found out that one time when Joel and Lorretta watched Ryken they went for a walk and Grandpa Joe stopped and smelled the flowers with Ryken. So Ryken remembered and wanted to do it again!
Sorraya fell asleep like this one day!!
I went in to move her cause it just didn't look comfortable at all. Plus those little thunder thighs were stuck in there good!
The kids were excited when Dad came to the airport for lunch on Friday!!
It was a cool, cloudy day, but we enjoyed it just the same!
Since Sorraya can scoot around now, she was going to the grass and playing with it. She spent a lot of time touching it. If we pulled her away from it, she went back!
Me and my Boy!
Ryken was getting a ride from dad!
Ryken was helping dad put the wood in the smoker!
Ryken has been playing with this empty egg carton this week and he put his "eggs" in there. We found it interesting that he choose all of just one color! Orange of course - his favorite!
Sorraya tried oatmeal for the first time on Saturday! She LOVED it!! She was lunging for the spoon, grabbing the spoon, whining when the spoon took too long to get back into her mouth! It was a fun experience! Glad we have a fan!
Chris smoked a pork shoulder on Saturday and we had pulled pork BBQ sandwiches for supper! They were very yummy!!
Chris is loving his new hobby and we all benefit from it with being able to bag up the meat and freeze some to have several meals.
Ryken found his snow boots in the closet during the day and he was wearing them around the house and even to the store with dad! haha!
He makes me laugh!
Celebrating ordinary moments that make life extraordinary!























Looks like ryken is ready for winter! Love the frogs!! Feet kisses are so sweet. They are going to be best buds! Isn't it nice when our children remind us to stop and smell the flowers? :)
ReplyDeleteYes, it is! Our children remind us and teach us so much!
DeleteWow! Busy busy week! I am impressed that you manage to take pictures of so much! If I wrote a blog about my week it would either be really short or long with very few pictures! Haha! I am lucky if I get some for my tot school posts. It just isn't on my mind quite as much as yours I guess.
ReplyDeleteLooks busy... but SO FUN! Frogs are fun and I love the picture of Ryken's excitement. I am glad Chris is enjoying the smoker. I know Dustin would like to get into that one day when we have more of a yard and a good place to do it but we are surely enjoying Dustin's dad's smoker meals. So so good! Pork and salmon are my favorites so far. Love the snow boots on Ryken. And I can't believe Sorraya is army crawling around and eating cereal now! So big so fast!