Week of June 22!
Pretty girl wearing a new dress!!
The past week I got out the next bigger size of clothes for Sorraya.
With Ryken I would pull out the next size for him to wear a few weeks before he would out grow them. So I am trying to do better with Sorraya's, so she can wear things longer!
She turned 5 months today!
Monday there was another story/craft time at the Library!
This weeks theme was all about getting up and moving your body!
Making a noise maker to shake and dance around with.
Running in the bubbles!
He liked trying to pick them up off the ground too.
A few weeks ago Ryken colored his circle of what he would see under a magnify glass...and we found it hanging on the window this week. His is the one with the blue magnify glass. Pretty exciting stuff!
Grocery shopping is always entertaining with this guy! He is loud and very friendly!
This week, I picked him up another plate...since we only had one for him that we would just wash. He was so excited about the plate first of all...but also that it is orange! He loves the color orange. He was telling everyone who passed by him "I got a orange plate!". Some people were nice and were excited for him, others just ignored him!! It's the little things!
We figured out a place where the teething necklaces work. In the carrier. She always leans to one side and licks on it...so I just put the necklace over there and since the fabric of the carrier is there, it stayed in place! WIN!
Spending time with Daddy!
Sorraya loves when daddy 'eats' her! :)
Dad very much enjoys it too! Love the way he is looking at her!
Tuesday our Cable cord finally got buried.
Back in October when we got our internet, we had this long orange cord 95% around our house that we were waiting for them to bury, which they said they would do it complimentary.
Well if you did the math, it has been 9 months, and they finally got it buried.
Why did it take so long?? You guess is as good as ours!
There are several months in there that they couldn't come and do it because the ground is frozen and covered in snow. Understandable. But once the ground had thawed in late April...till now, someone should have been able to come. I had called a handful of times to try and light a fire and get them going on this. Several people were not helpful - just said we can't tell you when it will happen..it's first come, first serve.
Well...that wasn't the case. I saw 2 houses in our neighborhood that got their cord buried before ours, when our house was built before theirs! So yeah, that got under my skin and I called again and again. Then we were told that our final grade had to be done. Well we were NEVER told that, and pretty sure we would have done our final grade a long time ago if it meant our cable to be buried sooner. So I called a guy back to let him know that we were never told that. We kept missing each others call. I went to the local office to just tell him in person. He wasn't there. He called me back again and I let him know that we were never told that. Then he said...well a rough grade is fine. I said we HAVE a rough grade! He said ours was on the top of his list now and he would get to it soon!
Well first thing Tuesday morning, they came! :)
It took maybe an hour and a half...maybe! Either way, I wrote the man and thanked him for getting right too it after talking to him.
Now we can start getting our sprinkler system and lawn in!
Wednesday, another lady from Fargo and her kids and us, went to Valley City (an hour away from Fargo) to send the day with a family from church who lives there. It was a nice day!
We started off with a walk around the block.
Then to the park!
The big kids playing!
Ryken got to try the tire swing! He wasn't sure at first...but you can see his little smile. He liked it. He didn't last long on it, but he doesn't care for normal swings very much! But glad he tried it!
After the park and lunch on them, which was so nice, we filled up the blow up pool for the kids!
There was a hose before, but it couldn't be found. Heather called her landlord, but he didn't get it to us in time. So we used the water faucet outside as well as filling buckets of water from kitchen. Heather popped their window screen off so we could just get it to the pool easier, since it was right out the window. It was quite the sight! But it worked!
World Cup has been on at our house a lot the last couple weeks...so Ryken says "GOAL" a lot lately and throws his arms up. It's adorable!
He loved the pool!
Kids had a blast! It was little cold from the wind on top of a cooler day, but they loved it!
It was very nice for Heather to open her house to us all and she serves with such great hospitality.
Ryken wearing Mom's sunglasses!
Sorraya has started doing the sweetest thing with Chris holds her.
She just rests her head on his shoulder and snuggles in!
Dad loves it too!
Pretty sure I got teary eyed about how sweet it is! :) haha!
Friday picnic at the airport!
We saw a police car this time which was high light!
After the airport...we swung by Dad's work to see him. Ryken loved it and Sorraya is never short on smiles...so the same could be said! Ryken got to see a fork lift pick up 2 pallets of sugar and put them into a big semi...which was a bonus to seeing Dad!
So way back in...oh I can't even remember...mid February maybe, Ryken was invited to be apart of a sticker club. We sent them to others and other sent them to others and not sure who all did them, but Ryken finally got his first sticker packet. He was pretty excited!
Oh and our good friend Ellen came over today and gave Ryken this lion. Ryken loves to growl...so it was perfect!
Ryken was having super with his Lion. I turned around and saw them sitting there. Too cute! The other morning I heard him talking to the Lion and said "You reading for a nap? ok" and carries him off to put him asleep, but stops and looks at him and says "Oh, go potty? ok?" and he carries him up stairs to his little potty! It was cute!
The Davidson's came over for supper on Friday. Sorraya and baby Ivan had their first play date!
Saturday, we went to supper downtown.
Such a nice time!
After supper, we walked around downtown, which is very exciting!
We saw a plane go over us, a macaw was riding on a bike with a lady, 2 different wedding parties, a guy who was about to capture a proposal on camera...
...and a train and some train tracks!
God was so good to us. We got all the kids packed up in the van and the stroller put away right in time for a huge down pour of rain. We were thankful!
We finished off the night at a park with some soccer!
Goal!!!!!
Those who know about my history with soccer and nets, in particular, will appreciate this picture.
Like mother like son!
He had his foot stuck in the net, and later he did get his head caught too! haha!
Had to capture this!
Ryken often pulls out all his cars and trucks and plays with them on the couch. Most the times he will be up on the couch. He has such an imagination and is very creative in what he comes up with. He gets so excited about all that he is imagining up and comes and tells us! It's fun to watch!
Celebrating the ordinary moments that make life extraordinary!




























WOWZERS! What a busy week! I love Sorraya's new dress! And HALLELUJIAH! That cable chord is buried! :) I know that was a trial in your life! I can just picture Ryken telling everyone about his orange plate in the store. Such a social little thing! And glad you got to have a play day with some friends! Looked like a blast!
ReplyDeleteI love that pic of you and Ryken! Your hair looks amazing! And the World Cup has been on a ton at our house too! Wish we could all watch it together! :) The pics of Ryken by the goal cracked me up! Like mother like son. ;) So funny! Aren't kid plates the cutest?!? I just recently picked up a couple while I've been out. I love them more than Jace does I think. :)
ReplyDeleteI always love to see these! :) I love that Ryken got his head stuck in the net... too funny!!!
ReplyDeleteI love this!!
ReplyDeleteCute dress Raya!! So nice your library has those nice programs! Glad you got a couple play dates in:) when did you get the chew beads???
ReplyDeleteMiddle part of June is when the chew beads came in the mail.
Delete