Week of June 1
Well this week started off on a good note!
Kristin and Ember came for the week on Monday!
(There will be a whole post about the visit later!)
I love getting pictures of the babies sleeping every once in a while!
This was a rare time when she was unsaddled...but napped nonetheless! :)
Ryken found a hole in the side of his bike that his keys hit perfectly!
Later in the week, he made a trailer for his bike. Very pleased and excited about it as you can tell!
I was changing Sorraya one day and he got up on the chair and was just sitting there with his legs crossed and sucking his thumb...it was so cute!
We upgraded to a double stroller this week!
It is a Room to Grow Sit and Stand.
So Ryken can either sit on the little seat, or he can stand and hold on. He likes the sitting better so far, but then again he has hardly tried the standing!
Sorraya's car seat can snap in, which is very nice, but then also there is just a normal seat up front when the car seat is not on!
On Saturday, there was this free Share A Story event at a park.
I thought I read somewhere that there was a fire truck for the kids to be on, and that is the reason I wanted to go, because Ryken would LOVE it! But I looked at the wrong thing and later found out it was at another event going on that weekend! Oh well! We did a few things anyways!
I thought I read somewhere that there was a fire truck for the kids to be on, and that is the reason I wanted to go, because Ryken would LOVE it! But I looked at the wrong thing and later found out it was at another event going on that weekend! Oh well! We did a few things anyways!
Got a free balloon.
I told Ryken that they will ask him what color of balloon he wants. He told me Orange, and he told the ladies when they asked too. And an orange one is what he got. We lost it before we left. :)
The reading program at the library started this week...so we picked up our program and events packet.
There was a police car that the kids could see inside of.
Sitting in the back of a police car!
Daddy and Ryken seeing a dog.
Ryken spinning a wheel!
There was free hotdogs, bananas, cookies and pop as well. So we had lunch!
Then Ryken played a little bit before we left!
Later that evening we had a cookout at the church,
This weekend was the New Building Dedication weekend!
There was a sing-a-long and fellowship time Friday night - that we did not go to.
Then Saturday, there was a time for tours of the new building and after that a cookout.
The men were where they like to be, around the grill!
There were games and activities out for the kids.
It was such a beautiful day too!
One family brought their dog, Toby.
Matt was letting Ryken pet Toby.
One family brought a bunch of homemade stilts and Mr. Rauser (one of our Elders) tried them out, along with a lot of other people!
Here everyone was standing and singing the Doxology!
I don't have any pictures from Sunday, but it was a packed filled day as well.
Sunday school on the architecture of the new building. There was much thought put into it, it wasn't just designed because it looked nice, it was built the way it was to reflect our theology and what we believe. Very interesting.
Sunday Worship was at its regular time and Pastor Doug gave a good sermon from Hebrews 12.
We had our fellowship meal this weekend and there was SO MUCH food! There was a good turn out from the service that stayed for the meal as well.
At 2pm, we had our dedication service. It was short and sweet. A few people shared memories from many years ago when the old building was all there was to see for miles, and even before the old building was built.
We sang, Pastor Doug gave a short exhortation and we prayed for God's blessing!
It was a long week, but a good one!
Celebrating the ordinary moments that make life extraordinary!












Busy busy busy! So glad I got to see the church so now I can picture it! That is very cool that the architecture is based on theology and not just looks. And such sweet pictures of Ryken and Sorraya of course too!
ReplyDelete