Week of June 15
Happy Father's Day to our favorite Dad!
What a loving, caring, patient, hardworking, fun and shepherding Father he is to our kids!
They are blessed to have him.
I am truly blessed to have him as a companion along the parenting journey.
Earlier in the week, we worked on cards for Grandpa and Papa.
Sorraya's face cracks me up! She did great, didn't mind the paint between her toes at all!
We took some pictures in Dad's clothes!
Ryken requested the Orange tie!
Fixing it, cause mom doesn't know how to tie one. Should have watched a youtube video!
Had to wear Dad's jacket too!
This one will forever make me laugh!!
I tried to make a homemade Iced Chai Tea Latte.
It went pretty well!
Followed this recipe.
At the Library, for the summer reading program, there are these themed read aloud and craft times for the kids!
Todays was called Lunar Lullabies.
She read a few books and we all sang a few songs that were interactive!
The kids got to be stars!
Then the kids got to make their own outer space.
A family from church was having a lemonade stand. We saw they were selling lemonade through Facebook, so after naps we drove over, parked a street away and walked up to it and bought some lemonade and bars!
Ryken loved the lemonade!
Love that smile!
We started shutting Ryken's door at night when he sleeps and then I go and get him in the morning around 8. One morning I caught him reading a book...I tried to sneak in and get a picture...but he already turned his noise maker off and he caught me! :)
It's been nice to wake up on my own and have a little time in the morning to read a bit before a little guy comes in our room and says "I want nutella!" which is his favorite breakfast right now!
I am thankful for the change to the morning routine!
Ryken likes to lay on the bottom stair!
A friend told me that they did imprints of the kids hands/feet for Father's day, and that reminded me that I needed to do Sorraya's foot print, cause we have one of Ryken when he was 6 months. Since I was reminded of it, I figured I should just do her's while it was on my mind!
Finished the ABC wall in the kids room down stairs!
Ryken loves the letters and it sure is nice to have something up on the wall!
Sorraya tried the jump up this week!
She still is a little too little for it! But she got it moving around and seemed to not mind it too much!
Those little feet! :)
Ryken got a nice shiner this week!...but at least it matched his shirt!
He had a mesh laundry basket over his head and tripped and smacked his head on the metal frame of our bed! :( ouch!
Grandma Lorretta came over to see the kids. She was so kind and brought some homemade play dough for Ryken! We all had fun playing with it!
Little sweetheart!
My birthday was Thursday. I woke up with a sweet message from Chris. Chris brought supper home and we all over ate! :) Then we all went to the park and enjoyed the beautiful evening and time together! I got a handful of cards from friends and family! It was a very nice day!
Ryken splashing in the puddles at the park. Boy, did he have a fantastic time. It never gets old seeing your children just loving life through the simple things!
I ordered some teething necklaces that I wear around my neck for Sorraya to chew on.
They are silicone beads.
She hasn't quite figured out how to keep them in her mouth!
My boys watching WRC (World Rally Championships).
Sorraya started rolling over while swaddled in her crib. Thankfully she has a strong head and can move it side to side. We decided we need to start weaning her off the swaddle.
Back at the airport on Friday, watching the airplanes come in and take off over a picnic lunch!
He spotted one, way up high!
Enjoying the breeze and fresh air!
And another one!
Maybe Sorraya even saw the plane! :)
I was excited to see another mother and her kids come and watch while eating lunch! (by the silver van in the picture) It is such a fun time!
We invited some friends along, but they couldn't make it this time!
Celebrating the ordinary moments that make life extraordinary!



























I love the letter wall! I'm sure it adds so much to the room! :) What sweet pictures! Look at Sorraya figuring out to roll over!
ReplyDeleteWhat sweet Father's Day pictures! I really like the one of Chris and Sorraya. And that one of Ryken in Chris' clothes is HILARIOUS! Ha ha! Good idea having Ryken stay in his room for a while longer in the morning. It doesn't hurt him and it is so nice to have that time in the morning for you I am sure! And I agree with Steph - the alphabet wall looks great!
ReplyDeleteWow! What a nice bruise Ryken got on his eye! So sad! :( I love the letters on the wall....SO MUCH! It is SOOOOOOO amazing! I love seeing your day to day moments! Sorraya keeps changing by the day! Such cute kids you have! Her hand and foot prints turned out GREAT! I feel like the littler they are, the easy it is. We did a father's day gift for my dad with all the grandsons hand and foot prints and Kade's turned out the best by far!
ReplyDelete