Wednesday, October 29, 2014

A Week with Gma & Gpa

My parents came to visit for a week!! Here is a glimpse into what went on!

Friday

Early afternoon, their flight came in and lots of smile, hugs and kisses were passed around! 
Had to stop and see the clean tractors that were on display in the airport!
Grandma wasted no time and helped feed big girl Sorraya some food!

Saturday

In the morning, Chris made his famous breakfast skillet and we were all deliciously stuffed!
Later that evening, we had Pastor John (my former Pastor from AZ, who ended up coming to Fargo for a meeting and came a few days earlier to preach.) over for dinner! We got take out from Texas Roadhouse! It was delicious...as always! 
We enjoyed the time we had to fellowship as well! The kids enjoyed him as well!

Sunday

This Sunday was our longer schedule of a day, meaning: Sunday School, Church, Fellowship meal, and then Afternoon Service. 
We didn't get a picture of all of us like we usually do, but after the kids naps, we went on a walk around the neighborhood! It was beautiful out!
We went into the construction sight further back in the complex and enjoyed all the tractors and the beautiful sunset!
Ryken and Sorraya went through the tunnel! Grandpa and Grandma did a joint effort to get Sorraya through! She didn't know the treat it was...but it was sweet the effort they made to make it happen!
Took advantage of the beauty!!
A fun light was found! Ryken enjoyed it to its fullest!

Monday

Happy Birthday to my mom!!!! She was beyond thrilled to be spending it in Fargo with all of us!
Sorraya loved Grandpa's shoelaces!
We took Grandma and Grandpa to see the marching band! 
Sorraya got in this position at one point and just stayed for the longest time! She was so relaxed and enjoyed the warmth of the sun!
Ryken and Grandpa marching!
Watching them march into their 5 different formations one last time before we left!
I e-mailed the band manager before hand and told him that we were coming and I was bring my parents. I mentioned it was my mom's birthday and asked him if the band knew how to play happy birthday! I thought how cool it would be if they played for mom on her birthday. But they didn't! :/ Oh well, it was still fun!
Bath time fun with Grandma!

Tuesday

Nothing better than a good book first thing in the morning! 
I had my Exhale group this morning and went to that and left the kids with my parents!
Daddy and kids!
Daddy coming home is the most look forward to time of the day in our house! 

Wednesday

Mommy and kids! 
I scheduled a car appointment while my parents were here, cause I knew they would be more than happy to watch them, and I knew it would be far easier without two kids in a waiting room. And what a blessing it was, because what we went in for should have only taken an hour at the most...but it ended up being 3 hours. I was very thankful for the babysitters!
Sweet Sorraya turned 9 months old!!
Grandma and Grandpa offered to watch the kids at night as well, so Chris and I could go out on a date! We said, YES!!!
We went to Red Lobster and ate way to much and enjoyed our time together even more!

Thursday

Sitting in the big highchair for once! She usually is in the bumbo!
Lots of stories were read this week, with 2 extra readers!
We took a trip to Buffalo River State Park! It was under an hour away driving. Neither Chris nor I had ever been, so we didn't know what we would find! But it was a pleasant surprise!
Lots of picnic area and in the summer months there is a swimming hole! There were many walking and hiking trails around. I asked the ranger at the park for a recommendation and I am glad that we did! 
Loved the bridge! It was a perfect backdrop!
Grandma and Grandpa showed Ryken the joy of dropping leaves down into the water and seeing them go down stream! He loved it! "One more!" he kept saying!
This is where the Ranger led us to!
A overlook of the Buffalo River in the heart of fall! It was the most gorgeous day too!
After the park, we picked up lunch! 
Ryken and Grandma were drawing with chalk as we waited!
While Ryken was napping, we played outside! She loved it!
She would hang on to this handle and just flop it around like crazy! 
Late afternoon, we went to Chris' work to show mom and dad!
It was fun to see around as much as we did! Chris was very kind to spend as much time as he did on the tour!! 
All those pallets are filled with sugar!
They store it and deliver it there!
Speaking of sugar...sweet as can be!
Ryken has been enjoying making trains with the boxes we have around and Sorraya and I got to ticket to ride with him!!
Sorraya was a good sport sitting in the box!
That night, we went and enjoyed some frozen yogurt at Tutti Frutti for dessert!
Dad is always so quick to share with Ryken!!
He even got gummy bears for him to enjoy!
Sorraya got a taste too!!! Firs time! She is a fan!

Friday

Last photo session before heading to the airport!


These kids sure love their grandparents!! 
Each morning, when I would go get Ryken he would ask if Grandma and Grandpa were still here! He loved the extra books read, the extra people to play with him, and the extra love. Sorraya took to them both very easily as well. 
I was thankful for the time they were able to spend with us. I know they hate being so far away. 
We made lots of memories together and look forward to the next time we are all together again, hopefully in AZ early 2015!!








2 comments:

  1. It looks like you all had a lot of fun! And now I really want Frozen Yogurt after seeing this post…. mmmm! Anyways, it looks like you were able to do a lot of activities outdoors, which I'm sure your parents enjoyed! Such nice weather in comparison to AZ at the time. :) You got some great pictures with everyone and with kids smiling--not an easy task! Can't wait for you all to be in AZ again in early 2015! Counting down the time! YAY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH! YEAH! I have been waiting for this post! I love all of it!! But also wish we could have been there too! :( I agree with Steph... you guys got a TON of good pictures with everyone smiling. Kids sure do love their grandparents! Ember has been asking about when Grandma and Grandpa are coming for days now since I mentioned they would be coming for her party! I love the train idea... and little Sorraya is just so darn cute sitting in that box ;) Great pictures! And looks like a WONDERFUL time! Can't wait till our next time together too!

    ReplyDelete