Thursday, October 2, 2014

Sand Collection

This Summer I received 5 new sands to our collection from other people. 

A lady from our church went to Latvia back in May to help at a church and I asked her if she could pick me up some sand/dirt! So she did! 
The note tells about where the sand comes from. It reads:
"From the Salvation Baptist Temple Church. Established 100 years ago. The Russians took it over for a sports complex and runnier it. Now the Rigo Bible Center plans to renovate it and hold their school there. But much funds are needed."
 The lady that I student taught with back in 2011, she went to St. Martin  this summer and I asked her if she could pick me up some as well! She was more than happy!
Sand from Dawn Beach in St. Martin.
 A young lady that I went to school with...well she was in my sister's class, she went to Israel this summer and I asked her if she would be willing to bring back some sand. She was very willing as well.
This is sand from the Dead Sea! 
 While we were in Duluth, I got sand from Lake Superior on the Wisconsin side. (no picture)
A friend from AZ went to out of the country and she knew I collected sand, so she asked if I wanted her to bring me back some! Of course!
So now we have some sand from Vienna, Austria and Stockholm, Sweden!!

At Target last week, I found these cool bottles in the dollar bins and picked up a few for sand!!
Who knows when all the sand will actually be on display in our house...but I am so excited for when it actually happens and others can enjoy it! (I hope others think it is fun! :)



2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the display! :) How fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome! It is amazing how there are so many different colors, textures, and varieties in sand! It sure points back to our creative and great God!

    ReplyDelete