Monday, October 6, 2014

Day 2 Day Joys

Week of September 28

There was a new walker in the church nursery. As soon as I pushed the button for the music to play...she started bouncing and smiling! Too cute!
 Since our pumpkins have been out on the front porch, when we come home from running errands, Ryken asks if he can check on the "punkins". I was bringing in groceries when I saw him our the front door window. He stroked both of the little ones! He also always moves the little pumpkins off the stumps! haha! Those pumpkins are well taken care of!
 We made a town with chalk. It was so much fun. I kept asking him what else we should make in our town. He said Walmart and Cashwise a few times. :) 
We had a house, park, walmart, fire station, library, case wise, ice cream shop as well as a train station. He played for a long time. It was so much fun!
 Sign of a good time, indeed!!
We went to a new farmers market this week... one closer (kinda) and there was this little old bike that Ryken found and loved! 
 Every morning, when I get ready for the day, Ryken brings up toys to play up in our closet until I am ready. He has done this over a year or so actually. I looked over later in the day, and just smiled. It was a reminder that my boy likes to be with his mommy! :) One day he won't! 
My baby girl and I!
 We took Ellen out for her birthday lunch to Denny's! She loves pancakes and so pancakes is what she got! Ellen loves the kids and the kids love Ellen!
 Ellen paid for Ryken to try this claw game! We got 2 tries for 50 cents and nothing was won! :)
When we came back from Duluth, these little beetles were becoming more and more apparent in our house. We had to do something. I read to put apple cider vinegar around for them to fly to and die, I would say it worked...but didn't solve the problem.
The bug man came and sprayed and that helped so much! So thankful he knew what they were (he said a lot of people in our neighborhood have had the issue too. New construction) and able to come as soon as possible.
 While running errands one day, Ryken saw these sunflowers and he asked if we could pick one. So we did, brought it home and put it in some water!
New cowgirl in town! Gosh, love that smile!
The Brucks family was coming this weekend and so we blew up the air mattress and the kids had a blast on it! 
 We had a high of 45 on Friday and lots of cold wind! We needed milk and powdered sugar for our dessert we still needed to make for the night, so we had to get all bundled up. Winter clothes are so cute on the little ones! Love these faces!

Celebrating ordinary moments that make life extraordinary!






3 comments:

  1. First of all, those pictures of Sorraya in her beanie are SOOOO cute! I can't stand it! I think kids in hats are adorable! Ryken too, of course, but this is the first time I've seen Sorraya in a hat! CUTE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He knows his mama loves those flowers:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Steph! Those hat pictures of both kiddos are just SO adorable! I love that you guys have Ellen there to hang out with and take out to lunch. Sorraya really looks like she LOVES her! I love the chalk city... it is so fun to find something that they absolutely love and just do it for as long as you can or as long as they are interested! And the pictures of Ryken on the bike with the pumpkins and taking care of the pumpkins are priceless!

    ReplyDelete