A lot of green around here this week!
Green Discovery box
Green is for Grass
Funny how this happened to come at a time when there is no grass on the ground…or if there is, it is covered in snow! But we went with grass anyways! :)
Here we are planting some seeds in hope they will grow by the end of the week. Highly doubtful…but he had fun putting the seeds in and watering them.
Then we went around the house and watered the plants. He was so careful with each pour, it was pretty cute.
Daddy had some golf tee's that were thrown in a drawer, but I recently saw them and thought those would work well with the grass theme. Ryken doesn't know that they go in the ground, so I mentioned it!
He enjoyed poking them in the foam circle though.
Green is for Green Eggs and Ham
Ryken loved flipping his green eggs in the egg pan with his spatula. He actually played with these items for a very long time. I found eggs all over the house.
We of course had to eat green eggs and ham.
He loves eggs, and I told him I was making some for him. But this was his face when I put the tray down and he saw that they didn't look like eggs! haha!
He was a little skeptical of them, but he tried them fearlessly and enjoyed them.
Green is for Turtle/Tortoise
We made a turtle/tortoise out of a paper plate and put green split peas on top for a textured shell.
He was very carful with putting them on, and when one would fall onto the table he would say "Oh no".
Then after much reassurance that it was fine that they didn't stay on the top of the plate, he figured there was an easier way to get the green split pea's on top.
So pouring it was! :)
Let me tell you, those little things can bounce! ;)
We went to the pet store to look at real turtles. They were pretty boring…they just sat there. But maybe a connection was made! :)
Green is for Frog
We watched and sung the song "Five Little Speckled Frogs"…a couple different versions.
None of them were the same as the song that Grandma sent us from her preschool classroom she works in. So mom tried her best at singing with it even with the different words.
While looking around, came across this Five Green and Speckled Frogs on a log craft and it was easy and we had everything to make it, so that is just what we did!
We sang the song and played with the 5 green frogs on the log.
Since the numbers 1-5 were introduced through the song, I figured I would bring them up again with the lily pads.
Took a template and printed them on green card stock, and numbered them 1-5.
We hopped like frogs on the lily pads and counted.
Then it turned into running. Lots of sweet laughs and giggles doing this!
He had a blast!
We also stopped by the frogs at the pet store the other day, since I knew we would be reading about them in the next couple days.
Green is for Pea
Ryken playing in his green split pea sensory bin.
Noticed he has filled his little cup all the way up with them.
Thankfully he poured that back into the big bucket! :)
Then of course we had to eat some peas! Which he very much enjoys!
Another fun week!
Next week is: Blue










So many great ideas! Let us know how the grass does:) did you make the eggs out of paper that he was playing with?
ReplyDeleteFunny you asked about the grass... After I posted this post, I looked in the pot and saw some dirt lifting up and noticed a couple sprouts! We were shocked it grew! It actually was bird seed.... That is what we has on hand! :) and yes, I just cut random egg shapes out of white card stock and slapped a green circle in the middle!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteAnother fun filled week! Love it all and now I see why you saw "Thumbalina" :)
ReplyDelete