Some pictures from the exciting birth of Sorraya!
(the actual birth story will come later...but just couldn't' wait any longer to post some pictures)
Obviously, there was not much time...nor was it the first thing on our mind to take picture...so most of them are after the thought! :)
We start off with a candid picture... Ryken was laboring with mommy. :)
This was less than 30 minutes before Sorraya was born!
This is the spot where she was born.
Kitchen floor!
The 911 dispatch, who helped Chris, recorded this being the time she arrived. We think it is a little off.
The first responders came about 5-10 minutes after she was born. Chris had tied off the umbilical cord with his ear buds cord. :)
Sorraya and I were taken to the hospital in an ambulance.
This was our room number at the hospital.
First picture of Sorraya!
She weighed 5 lbs 14 oz and was 19 inches long.
Here are here skinny little feet!
Sorraya's hospital bracelets.
Mommy, Daddy and Sorraya's hospital bracelets.
Here name card, that we got the day before she left! haha!
Sorraya means Princess
Adira means noble in one origin and means restless and impatient in another origin.
So, Noble princess
or
Restless or Impatient Princess
We wanted a name that would resemble her birth as well as a good meaning, so this worked out beautifully.
This was Sorraya's home for 3 days.
We had to ring the door bell each time we needed in and then wash our hands to our elbows for 3 minutes before going over to baby. And literally 3 minutes, set the timer and everything! Our hands and arms have never been so clean!!
I was positive for Group Strep B, and usually during delivery one would have a IV for the baby so they aren't infected, but I didn't! So they had to make sure the infection wasn't growing in her. And her blood sugar was a little low and blah, blah, blah...we never really felt like she was in there for any real reason once the Cultures were coming back negative. It was frustrating. But better safe than sorry!
Keeping an eye on her.
She had a little sign on the wall too with her name.
Snug as a bug
Such a little sweetheart!
First picture of mom and dad with our new daughter!
Thursday night we had our Celebration Dinner.
A dinner they do for the parents when they have a new baby. We didn't do one with Ryken, but took advantage this time! :)
Our gourmet hospital meal.
Ryken came by to see mommy later that night. Boy, did I miss him! :) I told Chris he changed SO much! :) It was the longest away from him.
We took big brother Ryken to see his little sister!
He was excited about his little gown he had to wear. It had puppies and balloons on it!
There was so much to look at in there, but we asked him to say Sorraya and he said Raya. Which we figured he would say. So it's baby Raya! :)
(I kicked myself that we didn't get a family picture of the 4 of us!)
Friday, I was able to go home around 6:00pm after I fed her once more.
Sorraya couldn't come home with us! :(
At 9:00pm, we went back and I feed her again and we spent some time all together. We also, got to give her her first bath. It was hard leaving without her again. They gave her formula during the night, and we got back to the hospital Saturday morning at 9:00 to feed her again..with hopes we could take her home soon.
We haven't heard much about what was going on. So we started asking. The nurse that was taking care of Sorraya this morning was so great. She really kicked things into gear. She was awesome. The Doctor made it's way around and said she looked great and they started the discharge papers. We left with our new little girl around 3:00pm on Saturday afternoon.
Grandma came in the night before and she was so excited to see her newest granddaughter! :)
Tears of joy!
We were so thankful to have her home! :) SO Thankful!
Ryken sharing his puppy with baby Raya.
And giving kisses too! Such a sweet big brother!
So safe in Daddy's arms!
Petting Sorraya's head!
First bath! She didn't love it, but didn't completely hate it! :)
Loving on baby Raya!
He comes up and says Raya and just smiles! He sure loves his little sister!
The firefighters who came and took Mommy and Baby Raya, gave big brother Ryken a teddy bear and told him when he is a little older he can come and see the big firetrucks!
I thought that was nice of them!
The were sure quick with the bills!
All the information about diapers, temps and feedings you would want to know!
A way for dad to see how she is doing during the day!







I have been checking to see when you would update your blog with pictures of Sorraya! YAY! I love seeing pictures of your sweet little girl. And Ryken is such a great big brother already!
ReplyDeleteYEAH YEAH YEAH! Yes! Like Steph, I have been checking often to see when you would get some pictures up (totally understanding if they are not there yet) but HOW SWEET! All those picture of cute little Sorraya and all those adorable pictures of cute big brother Ryken showing her LOVE! :)
ReplyDeleteOh! And I really love the new background! (I need to redo mine soon)
ReplyDeleteyay! welcome Sorraya! So cool to see all the pictures and hear about the ear buds---CRAZY! love the new background! You'll have to tell me how to get these cute ones.
ReplyDeleteLoved reading this!! Ryken is so precious too!!
ReplyDelete