Saturday, September 7, 2013

Tot School

A little over a month ago, I was looking at a friends blog who had been blogging her Tot School that she does with her daughter. They were doing letters it was so fun to see what she did each day, at home.
So I got to thinking, and then got VERY excited and thought I could do something small each week with Ryken to teach him basic concepts.

So I found this planning sheet and got to work! 
It has 3 squares for Monday - Friday. 
The goal is to do 3 intentional learning activities with your child each day.
I decided to pick a theme each week and go with it.

I started with Shapes and plan to do colors shortly after and go from there!

To be organized was the only way that I was going to be able to really do it.
So I filled out the tot planning form and started putting the week together.
So here I have a large ziploc bag for each day of the week and put the items (the fit) I need in them for the day. Seems to help!

Because I am such a lover of books, I just had to add a book for each day to go along with the topic.
That was a tough task to do with not that big of a library in Fargo.
But I managed to get books that worked just fine...or made them work! :)

I am very excited about it and hope Ryken enjoys most of it as well and also...learns some from it too! :)

I am copying my friend and documenting it on the blog for my future reference with the next one, when the time comes, and for whoever else it might help along the way.
Most of the ideas are from a tot blog another mother has already made, Pinterest or just the internet!
It really is amazing how many helpful things are out there today!!



2 comments:

  1. You are SO organized! Glad you are documenting so I can look back when I start shapes w Declan! And ryken is going to LOVE this special one on one time with mommy. Especially when little sis arrives! Oh, and I think that dot book is so cool! Good idea to take pics of the books you read that week. I hadn't thought of that:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope he loves the time! I sure do! :) Thanks for the encouragement! Hope it can be helpful to you in the future as well!

    ReplyDelete