Saturday, September 28, 2013

Tot School: Review of Circles, Square and Triangles

Fargo Library had some pretty lame books for review...so we didn't focus on the books to much!
But a fun week, nonetheless.
 Do-a-dot shape review.
He saw mom shake them up before we started...so he was pretty into shaking them instead of doing a dot.
 Matching up shape buttons to their "mama" shape!

 Reviewing shapes with puzzles. 
 "My Pumpkin" - Square eyes, circle nose, and triangle teeth.
 Smiling with the finished product. (And teething on molars.)
Bath with all 3 shapes.


 He sure loved pulling off all the shapes.
 Since the tape activity was such a hit last week...we did it again.
And tried matching the foam shapes to the correct shape.
 This was a big hit.
Toothpicks into holes in a foam meat tray.
(I got a funny look from the meat man when asking for them)
 He also thought the toothpicks were Q-tips! :)
 Enjoying himself!


 My friend, Allison, tried instant mashed potatoes for a sensory bin with her kids, so i gave it a shot with Ryken.
 He was a little unsure about it at first...and was concerned when any got on him or on the floor.
He would say "uh-oh" each time!
But he had a great time.
He played for about an hour. That's a long time for him!
He sure had a blast!!...and mommy will put a towel under him next time for easier clean up!
Oh and he put some in is mouth...
Did not approve at first! 
Then he thought it was ok!

We made a mouse with his milk and cookies.
He loved the googlie eyes again!
Putting chocolate chips on his cookie.
I thought it was such a cute project when I saw it online...and it worked perfectly with circles, squares and triangles. 
He went fishing for our shapes. 
Then he stamped shapes with whipped cream.

He was a fan of the taste.
He sure has a sweet tooth.

Next week is Rectangles!! 

3 comments:

  1. Love it! I have the fishing game on my to-make list! Did you just glue around edges? Seem to work well?
    I have thought about keeping the meat trays before but they just ick me out so much! Haha. Maybe I could ask the store for one that isn't used yet!
    And did you come up with the pumpkin idea? It's so cute!
    Ooh, the dreaded rectangles are next! Raelynn always confused those with squares for the longest time! And easy to see why! I hope ryken gets it better than she did:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used hot glue around the edges for the fishing game. My original plan was to follow the tutorial that I had, but one washer wasn't enough for the magnet to pick up and two many washers was too much. So I was bummed. Then I just put a sticky velcro piece (the scratchy side) on the end of my fishing pole and that worked 2 out of 5 times...so hopefully yours works out better!
      Just ask the meat department. I got 3 of them when just asking for 1.
      The pumpkin idea was from Pinterest. :) It fit so perfectly.
      I am imagine rectangles can be difficult... but I'm not sure he knows what a square is. :) He has such a short attention span that it is hard to tell. But I'm just going for letting him get familiar with the shapes and things will click eventually.

      Delete
  2. Super cute!!! Love seeing your pictures at the end of the week!! :)

    ReplyDelete