Monday, September 8, 2014

Day 2 Day Joys

Week of August 31

This little lady has started to get up on her knees and rock! 
So fun to see her learn new things! 
 On Monday, we drove out to Fort Ransom.
When Chris and I were dating, we went there and got this picture (summer of 2010), which was then blown up and given to us as a wedding gift. 
Since Ryken could walk, I have wanted to go back again and get another one with him in it.
So...Chris suggested that we go! 
He knew how much I wanted the picture! He is so good to me!
3 years later...we have Ryken and Sorraya in the picture!
 Ryken got to ride an old tractor.
 And we watched the water fall down over the damn that was actually being built when we were there the first time in 2010.
It was a beautiful day out and we enjoyed our extra time together over the long weekend!
 I have seen on Pinterest a couple times how people make a large magnet board out of an oil drip pan. 
It seemed like something Ryken would enjoy and he does!
Oil drip pan from Walmart is $12. It is in the automotive section.
We haven't mounted it to the wall yet. The sites that I have seen said to either drill screws into the wall through the drip pan...or use command velcro stripes which we plan to do.
 This week was beautiful outside and we had to be out, since we know the window of being outside comfortably is getting smaller and smaller! So a "sunshade" was made for Raya and we enjoyed our time!
 Because it is new and just so cute to see... :)
 One night, I was up feeding Raya and putting her to bed and I get this picture message from Chris of Ryken and his penguin taking a ride in the car...with sunglasses on. :) It made me smile!
He calls the penguin Pastor Doug! Ok, Son, whatever works!
 Friday lunch at the airport!
Sorraya doing what she does best - chewing on things!
 She loved the grass! 
She studied it, and then went in for a big ol' bite! Many times!
He was facing her talking to her and then just went in for a big kiss after saying "I love you Raya!"
 Oh she loves the outdoors!

 There was this free family event at Moorhead Community College in MN on Friday.
We went to check it out, not knowing what it would be! 
 There were a few carnival games that Ryken won some prizes from. 
A pencil and a twisty straw.
There were a few bounce houses.
Ryken went in it and enjoyed it SO very much! 
Him and another little boy were the onlys ones in it, but the boy went up the stairs and went down the slide, where as Ryken just jumped around in the main part!
He fell a lot, but had a blast!
 He also got a free frisbee. He chose orange! :)
We threw it a little bit in the field close by!
 Stopped by the park on the way home!
 Sorraya found a little space to crawl through and Ryken was pretending that she was coming to get him.
He kept saying, "Raya, you wanna come get me?" And just giggled as she scooted a little closer!
 We have a new Sonic in Fargo!
On Saturday we went and got lunch there!
 It was a 30 minute wait...but we waited! 
 We got it and took it to the park to eat! YUM!!
 Ryken played with the frisbee like he saw some men doing! 
 Soccer balls were kicked around!
 Raya enjoyed playing in and eating the grass again!
 Ryken climbed up a big "mountain" with mom!


 Waving to dad!
 Sorraya is becoming a soccer fan early on!
 Ryken came and brushed Sorraya's hair after her bath! 
 Ryken was excited about his new creation of a trailer. 
A sponge cut in the shape of a triangle hooked onto the inner tub. 

Celebrating ordinary moments that make life extraordinary!

4 comments:

  1. So fun to take a family picture at the same place you took one when you were dating!! I love it!
    Also love the magnet oil-pan idea!! I'll have to remember that one :)!
    Love seeing all your ideas and your beautiful family memories and moments! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the picture of the family! Will you frame it? Where will you put the oil pan? Glad he likes it!! Exciting that Sorraya is on all fours! I love the rocking stage! Soon she will be keeping you even more on your toes:) the clouds in the airport pics are so pretty and I love the shadow picture:) Ryken is so cute in his backwards hat and I'm so happy for you that you have a sonic. Now your next pregnancy you can have sonic ice!! (But no need to wait until then I suppose!) enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! What a good idea with the oil pan! I think Jace would like something like that. But he just uses our fridge for now. Those soccer pics of Ryken are adorable. Love the backwards hat. And YAY for Sonic! I love love love me some happy hour. :) And what an awesome pic of the family! Love the idea of recreating it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What another great week! Fargo seems like such a good town to live in with all its free community events! Got to take advantage of those and it looks like you guys definitely do! Excited for Sorraya to be crawling! Such a fun stage (aren't they all?!?!) And I have seen the drip pan idea before too and loved it! I just don't know where we would put it. Maybe someday! :)

    ReplyDelete