Monday, September 29, 2014

Day 2 Day Joys

Week of September 21

While we were in Duluth, some people from his work organized someone to come in and repaint his office. They were going to surprise him, but they didn't want to pick colors that he would hate! So they ran the colors by Chris and they went with what they picked and when he came back to work on Wednesday, it was freshly painted. It was a little more orange than they all thought, but Chris likes it, and that was the goal of all of this. It was a very kind token of appreciation toward Chris.
Ryken got to drive with his light on in the car when we were driving home from Duluth.
 Now it's his new favorite thing, that has to be short lived...so we don't run out our car battery!
 Car wash...wasn't as scared this time! :)
 Wishing Ellen a Happy Birthday!
 His new favorite spot to eat meals at! In Duluth, he sat on a stool and ate on the counter of the island, and since coming home, he has wanted to sit up there. He does pretty good! Crumbs can be cleaned up! 
Look at our grass coming in!!!!
When we came home from Duluth, we were shocked with how much was there.
It is thriving! We are thankful! 
Sorraya turned 8 months this week...while in Duluth!
Such a sweetheart she is!
 Ryken said he was being a firefighter with his helmet and hammer!
 It's Fall!!!!
Love the warm welcome of pumpkins and mums! :) And those stumps are so fun!
I also got a natural colored crate from Walmart and just stained it with a walnut stain that I had already!
I smile every time we drive up to the house! haha!
So Friday, we didn't go to the airport for lunch, because I knew we were going to see the marching band later and I didn't want to drive so far twice! So we went to this little dock on a little man-made lake that you might remember us finding a few months ago!
We picked up Sonic for lunch and we brought bread to feed the ducks!
It was kind of a disappointing trip to be honest!
 It was really windy and at one point when I was throwing bread to the birds to try and bring them over, I hear Ryken freak out and say "My Lunch!!!"...
 ...he dropped it and it blew into the lake and that was the end of his lunch!! :( Poor guy! 
And to find out, the normal ducks weren't there this time. Just a bunch of geese and they couldn't have cared less for the bread! haha! Oh well!
 We got to see the marching band march. That is all they did today. No music, just practicing their formations! Kind of a bummer! But it was beautiful out and Ryken would come sit with me here and there and I would make his feet march along with the beats that the band was marching too and he thought that was fun!
 The band had a little break, and during that, a young man came over from across the field just to show Ryken his Tuba! He let Ryken touch the buttons. Ryken was asking questions and the guy was telling him what the parts were called! I thought it was very thoughtful of the guy to come over! Ryken loved it!
Then he said he wouldn't be using it anymore today, so he left it for Ryken to check out longer.
The buttons were touched a lot more. That was all I let him do. He liked looking into the big bell part. At one point, Ryken asked if that is where the man went! haha! I assured him he doesn't go into the tuba...he just wears it! Love how their minds work!
 Ryken was sitting on the foot rest of the stroller and Raya was grabbing at his head and kicking his back. He thinks its so silly when she gets him and he just laughs. It might even tickle him some. But this was captured in the middle of Sorraya getting Ryken! :)
 She sat in the stroller for over and hour and did great! She just sat and watched and chewed on her necklace! I am always so grateful that Sorraya is such an easy going baby that we can go and do these fun things for her big brother! What a joy she is and great company!!
 A very big kiss before we left! :) 
Saturday, we went to Maplewood for the afternoon and enjoyed the last 80's day till next summer! :)

Celebrating the ordinary moments that make life extraordinary!





4 comments:

  1. How sweet of that guy to let Ryken check out the Tuba! And WOW! Your grass grew SOO fast! It looks great! I bet you just love watching Ryken and Sorraya interacting together! What sweet moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh… and I LOVE your front door set up! It is perfect! Now i need to find me some tree stumps...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go on the front door decor!!! Love the crate and tree stump. Everything looks perfect! Unfortunately my pumpkin rotted and my mums died. And the little mini gords I had faded! Hah. Should have waited before trying to have fall in Arizona:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Great job on the front porch decor and your grass looks great!! So nice of Chris' coworkers to paint his office. And i bet Ryken loves the orange color! Hahaha! I laughed out loud that Ryken thought the man went into the tuba... :) It probably seems big enough to him! Fun week! Even with the lunch flying into the pond!

    ReplyDelete