Week of September 7
Sunday nights after evening service, Chris counts the money for the church...so the kids and I get to play.
This week, we put Raya in the walker and Ryken had a blast pushing her all around. And Raya loved it! In the top picture, she is just beaming! I captured a few squeals on video...but of course it never works to put those up! :(
Monday, we went to see the NDSU marching band and had such a great time!!!
Since cooler weather has started coming, socks have started becoming part of wardrobes for this little lady! She is determined as ever to get them off and chew on them! :) Little stinker!
One day this week, I had socks pulled up to her knees and said "Try and get those off." And shortly after, Chris said "You proved your mom wrong." And sure enough, she got one off and it was in her mouth! :)
She was having a blast jumping around in the jump up!
Ryken enjoyed crawling underneath her and she would just giggle!
This boy LOVES I spy books! She sits and searches so still. It's rare to see him so concentrated...and still! I love the face of pure concentration in this picture! :)
We watched our wedding video this week. Ryken loved it! We watched it two times in a row. We would have watched it 10 times, if it was up to him!
He loved seeing all the familiar faces!
Dad feeding Sorraya!
They were having a great time, making a big mess!
This Girl!
She still spits up like crazy. She is quiet about it and then plays in it!
Ryken found her like this and called me over by saying, "Raya's very messy!"
He was right! Huge puddle on the floor. She must have laid her face in it because it was all over her face, and then she smeared it on the couch! Since it was already a mess, I took one moment longer to take a picture before cleaning up! And boy, was she pleased with herself!
Ryken's new favorite job is emptying the silverware and putting it in the drawer.
He sorted them so well!
He has been asking to help a lot more lately...so I try and find little things to encourage that!
This and putting away the peanut butter and nutella container are some of his favorites!
Baby Yoga!
This is Sorraya's new move this week! She just gets up like this on her feet and moves her feet around a little bit, and then back to her knees or belly she goes! Ryken likes to copy her as well!
Ryken waiting patiently for the ice-cream to be ready! We made some strawberry ice cream, with the last of the strawberries that we picked last July in MN. It turned out delicious!
Oh boxes! They truly are the best form of cheap entertainment!
He had this one and a beer box that he has enjoyed all week!
Dad put Ryken in it one night and Ryken kept asking for more!
Evidence that little hands were here! Hangers everywhere and in a tangled mess!
Celebrating ordinary moments that make life extraordinary!








Those action shots at church are so cool! Glad Ryken has found something he enjoys so much! Maybe he would like hidden pictures too! So sweet he anted to watch your wedding video. Glad he can help with things, I bet he feels special. And the hangers. What a great perspective that you found the extraordinary in that tangled mess:)
ReplyDeleteLooks like another fun week! I love Raya's face in the picture where Ryken is pushing her around at the church. That is so cool that Ryken loves "I Spy" books. I always loved them too! And I love that Ryken is helping out some. Ember's favorite task to do is to put Maci's food dish back where it goes after she finishes eating in the living room area. We definitely want to culture the desire to help!
ReplyDelete