Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Independence Day Weekend

We were thankful for the long weekend to spend together to celebrate our freedom!
Not only as Americans...but were reminded how we are free in Christ as well!

I came across this 4th of July handprint shirt on pinterest and couldn't stop thinking about it!
So we tried it! They turned out so cute!
I cheated with Sorraya's and traced her hand on some card board first, cut it out, and then painted the cardboard hand and put it on the shirt. She always has those little fingers curled up, so figured that would be the easiest!
 A few from the 4th of july photo session! 
I am so bad at just choosing 1!




 Ryken was cracking up that Sorraya was leaning over at him with her mouth open!



 We had a cookout at the church on Friday!
People got there around 2, but the kids and I didn't go till after naps around 4.
Most people didn't show up till around closer to 5.

Ryken had a blast scooting this step stool around the gym! 
 A game of Apples to Apples happened.
 Then enough people came to start a game of kick ball.
It was so much fun!

 Ryken kinda just wandered around while the game was going on with the football. He would run with people when they were running to bases! 
 Sorraya and I sat and watched the people kick!!
Not to mention is was beautiful weather while we were outside playing!
 Ryken got to sit on the riding lawn mower!
 Around 5:30, the grilling started!
We all enjoyed burgers and dogs.
After supper, there was a mini talent show.
Three sisters played the guitar and sang a very nice song!
And then a man played a few songs on the saxophone. 
(told you it was a mini talent show)

We left after that and got the kids cleaned up!
It started raining, so we couldn't do any of the little fireworks that we got to do with Ryken!
Once the kids were in bed, Chris and I enjoyed some fireworks from our deck as there was many around us in our neighborhood!
 Saturday was filled with Sunshine!
Ryken testing out one of our US Flag pops.
He looked at me and said "Mommy want a popsicle too?"
 So I got one and enjoyed it with him...just long enough for a picture.
Then his was melting to fast!
 We grilled some yummy burgers for supper!
Then afterwards, Chris got some of the firecrackers to work for Ryken.
We only got the ground ones this year. 
These were snakes that grew!

 Chris got some snaps and thunder snaps as well!
Ryken tried to throw the snaps, but I don't think he ever got one to pop and quickly lost interests and was just fine with dad doing them!
The thunder snaps were much louder and fun!

Great weekend!
Family+Food+Fun = a good time!

2 comments:

  1. Okay. Those shirts are sooooo cute. I may have to try this next year. :) What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THOSE SHIRTS TOO! I was thinking before I read it all 'How did she get Sorraya's hand to look so perfect?" Good idea! They like to keep those little fingers curled up so tightly sometimes. And it looks like you were able to try some of those Popsicle recipes that you have been pinning, They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete