Week of July 6
Monday we went to the main library for a read along and craft...but I went to the wrong library! :(
So Ryken got to play in the wiggle room a little bit.
Ryken finished one of his goals for the summer reading program, so he got his first prize.
Wikki sticks!
We went to the bank and Ryken enjoyed watching the fish.
I tried another copy of a Starbucks drink this week.
In the recipe, it says to do 8 oz tea and 2oz lemonade. It was way to strong for me. But after 3-4 tries, I found that half and half is perfect.
I made a bunch of the tea up and just put it in a big mug with a lid in the fridge, then I could make some on the spur of a moment.
I didn't have a Starbucks tumbler...but this HAPT one looks pretty close!
Sorraya is slowly getting stronger at sitting up.
We bring her to the table for lunch most days! She always finds Ryken entertaining.
Tuesday, we did make it to a read along and craft.
Today's theme was about worms!
Ryken kept wandering around during the story time...so I grabbed him and he sat with me and Sorraya till it was done. In the above picture you can see that he was pretty far back...so he couldn't really see, unlike the other story times at the smaller branch where there are maybe 5-8 other kids! Plus he is prone to much distraction anyways.
Coloring worms.
Right before Ryken was done coloring...he put his orange marker back and at the same time sneezed...all over the tin of markers! :/ Sorry kids!
The library laminated all the worm book marks as well!
First trip to the Farmer's Market of the year!
With the cool spring we had, the farmers had a tough time getting crops in very early, so there was not much available yet.
But we did come home with some yummy tomatoes and zucchini.
We got a watermelon on Monday, and Ryken asked a bunch of times to eat it. So I got around to cutting it today and he enjoyed a piece.
It is a favorite of his!
Sorraya has really started playing with her toes and feet a lot more lately.
It's so fun to see!
Waffle Wednesday this week!
I found a recipe on line that we have never made before, but it was so tasty!
Ryken was a great help pouring the batter in.
Yum!!
Here is the waffle recipe, if anyone is interested.
I was getting ready for the day, and Sorraya managed to scoot around our closest (which is connected to our bathroom) and get under the sweatshirts that were hanging.
Ryken joined her later!
Peek-boo
Thursday there was this free event called Community Days at a local park.
We spotted several school buses...so we got a picture by them.
In case you didn't know, Ryken loves them. He is always pointing them out on the road. "Little school bus" and "big school bus."
Community Days is basically, the park just lays all their outdoor games and toys outside and the kids can play with them.
There is also a big play ground there and jump house.
This time there was a man making Balloon Animals.
It was the last thing we did, since you had to wait in a line. It was popular.
I practiced with Ryken before hand how to answer the question when he was asked what he wanted. He kept telling me a tiger.
Then when the time came, he said Lion! :)
He liked his Lion too!
Thursday we went to a baseball game together.
More on this in another post!
It was a blast!!!!
Friday we had lunch at the airport!
Daddy joined us! Yay!
Watching airplanes together!
Once dad left, Ryken enjoyed playing down the hill a little ways and he found a few sticks that were so much fun.
Whacking at the trees around him was the best part!
I had to pull him away from whacking trees to see one last plane before we left.
The sticks now are in our backyard...where he loves them just as much playing in the dirt and whacking all our ridiculously tall weeds!
It was actually warm enough to go to the splash pad today.
It has been such a mild summer so far. It really hasn't been warm enough to go without being so cold right away, making it very little fun.
Ryken wondered around for a long while at first. Kinda avoiding the main water features.
Just enjoyed watching the kids.
Then he found this fish that had 3 little sprays out of it. He sat on that and played with the water for the longest time. He just loved it. He would get off every now and then and then come back and sit some more.
Water in the eye! Great action shot! I love it!
He was cold, so I told him to run around a little that would warm him up.
He eventually wandered away from the fish and started getting into more of the water.
He had a good time and we will come back when we can!
Friday, after supper, we went and got a treat!
Blizzards!
Saturday morning, Ryken and I had a coffee date!
He kept giving me more and more coffee. Then he found some rocks and called those strawberries.
So we had coffee with strawberries together.
I taught them what cheers meant! :)
He thought it was silly.
We will be getting a rough grade done on our yard soon, then once that is done, we will get sprinklers, and then our grass.
So Chris was spraying round-up on our weeds, to start killing them before the final grade is done. Ryken couldn't be out and near the nasty round-up, so he watched out the window.
Ryken as seen a few "Magic School Bus" episodes and he seems to like them. But now, everyone we go in the van he calls it the Magic School Bus. He gets so excited about it. When we ask him where is the Magic School Bus taking us, he has said church or Walmart each time.
We enjoyed eating downtown the other week so much, that we did it again this weekend.
This time to a Chinese buffet.
There was a pond with fish in it that Ryken really liked.
After supper, we walked around downtown again. It was a lovely evening.
Daddy loving on Sorraya!
I have been meaning to get this sweet picture for Sorraya footprint/photo book that I do with the kids for Father's Day...and finally got it, and I am in love with it!
Celebrating ordinary moments that make life extraordinary!
































Busy busy week!! You are so good at taking pictures! If I did a weekly post like you - it would be alot of words and not too many pictures... haha! Love the HAPT tumbler! Way to represent and support even in North Dakota. And that passion lemonade tea looks amazing! I have gotten that a few times at Starbucks and LOVED it! It looks like your library has some really cool stuff. We have story time but not usually crafts too! Very cool! Ember LOVES watermelon too. She calls it "mango". And we walk through stores and she says "big mango". That picture of Sorraya under the jackets is adorable and I love that Ryken calls your van the Magic School Bus! And you are so right - that picture of Chris and Sorraya's feet is so sweet!
ReplyDeleteMagic School bus!! hahaha. He has quite the imagination. How fun! Looks like a great week to me! Lots of activities. I wish it wasn't so hot here so I could do more outdoor things with Jace. My poor pale kid gets red in a matter of minutes and sweats so easily. Oh boy. :)
ReplyDeleteSo many fun memories you are making!! Love love love the foot picture! And such a cool horse at the splash pad. Lots of nice things in your community!!
ReplyDelete