Week of July 13
Ryken learned about aluminum and plastic this week. He does great with sorting dark and lights with laundry, and he did great with the recycle too.
The boys playing soccer in the house! :)
One night, we had an impromptu family weed picking session.
Chris and I would pull them and then Ryken would move them to the big pile.
He kept calling the pile of weeds a mountain.
On Tuesday, we went and wished Grandma Lorretta a happy birthday!!
Wednesday, we brought daddy a birthday lunch to work!
Ryken got to see a forklift driving around, which is always a highlight.
Thursday, we went to our friends new house for the day.
I drove 40 miles in the wrong direction at first! :/ but then after some help, I got turned around and we made it, an hour and a half later!
We had lunch together!
Ryken got to pet some kittens! They were so sweet!
We played a game of croqute. I lost! :)
Had some ice cream cones!
Ryken's first...to himself!
Our friends let us barrow their dump truck for the yard!
Ryken loves it!
Thursday night was West Fargo Cruise Night.
Old cars are lined up and down the street and people can come and look at them!
Ryken liked this orange car!
The owner asked if Ryken wanted to hear its engine.
So he turned on the car and it was loud, and Ryken seemed a little unsure, but we think he liked it!
This was one of Chris' favorites!
A Red Ford Fairlane.
Beautiful day at the airport on Friday for our picnic.
How fitting, Sorraya was flying at the airport!
Ryken enjoyed pulling leaves off the trees today!
We saw a few planes.
They were getting ready to go WAY up high!
We took a few selfies!
Ryken loves hay bales. Whenever we pass them, he is so excited and keeps saying there are more and more..since there are usually a lot in one field.
We stopped on the side of the road and got out and went to see one up close.
He touched it and got to sit on one!
Friday night, we went downtown to the annual street fair to celebrate Chris' birthday!
It was such a beautiful evening. The last 3 times, it has been really warm, so it was nice to enjoy it all the more this time!
We only go for the food! :)
Ryken got a bacon corn dog, which he scarfed down.
Chris got his favorite lamb gyro and I got a veggie noodle bowl!!
We got our fresh squeezed lemonade and cheese curds too!
Oh and right before we left, we got some fresh mini donuts too! YUM!
We ate too much, as usual!
Saturday, we went to the park to kick the soccer balls around.
Ryken found a pile of dirt and was more than happy with that!
Sorraya likes soccer too. Chris and I were kicking the ball back and forth and Sorraya would give a little happy sound here and there when the ball would come toward them or when Chris would kick it. She just likes being in daddy's arms!
Since Ryken had dirt all over him and his face already, he got to make a mess with a popsicle too.
Sorraya liked hanging upside down for shorts period of time!
One last play session in with dad, before bed! :)
Celebrating ordinary moments that make life extraordinary!





















Wow! 40 miles in the wrong direction! I think I would have given up and just went home... but after seeing the house maybe not. That barn is beautiful and I would LOVE to play with baby kittens. The pictures of Ryken on the hay bales are so cute! Way to stop and let him see them up close, momma! Looks like your kiddos are going to be in soccer early on and you will be an official Soccer Mom - you already have the minivan! ;) Fun week celebrating Chris' birthday and enjoying the wonderful summer weather!
ReplyDeleteYou guys are always doing fun little family things! What great memories! I need to try to find more things like that in Gilbert. The hot weather makes it hot though during the summer. I'll have to find things for the fall and winter. :)
ReplyDelete