Friday, February 28, Ryken had his first nap in his big boy bed!!
We brought down all this sleep necessities and got him all tucked in.
He was a little scared an cried a little bit.
I told him I would sit there with him for a little bit, but that didn't turn out to be a good idea.
He would sit up and say "Hi" to me every once in a while! :)
So I reminded him that Matthew slept in the bed last weekend and that helped him.
So then I told him I would just be outside the door if he needed me!
I sat on the stairs as I watched him on the video monitor.
He sat up a couple times and looked over the side of the bed. He put covers over his head. He looked all around the room!
At one point he did get out of bed and i went in to tell him to get back in bed and stay there and by the time it took me to stand up and walk 5 steps, he was already back in bed. He knew he shouldn't be out!
I tucked him back in and reminded him to stay in bed and then he told me "door". Meaning leave please! We have a very straight forward young man! :)
Not long after that he was asleep!
I don't think I have looked at the video monitor than much since the first night he slept in his crib a few months old! :)
He slept great and he didn't get out of bed till I went in and got him! I saw him look over the edge of the bed again, but he stayed in!
He loves napping in his big boy bed and has asked to sleep in it at night a couple times, but mommy isn't ready for that! The basement is a long way away!
But soon!
We are thankful God was gracious to make it such a smooth transition!!

YAY Ryken!!! :) Isn't it crazy to think that your little boys are sleeping in big boy beds already?!? Blake LOVES his bed and tells us he wants to go night-night all the time. Praise God that it was a smooth transition for Ryken. I laughed thinking of him sitting up and saying "hi!" Love the pictures and that he is holding your shirt(?)!
ReplyDelete