Saturday, May 23, 2015

Day 2 Day Joys: May 10-16

Week of May 10

Mother's Day!
This one was taken at church by a friend!
Then once we got home, Chris offered to take my Mother's Day picture! (since he didn't know I had one taken at church, since he stayed home)
That's all I ever want and he knows it! A good picture with my babies!
I was thankful for this article that was going around called How Not To Be Disappointed This Mother's Day and was encouraged by it!
I found this article helpful and encouraging not just on Mother's Day - but every day!

This comparison really stood out to me and gave me a new perspective:
Motherhood bends. Entitlement demands.
Motherhood serves. Entitlement stomps its foot.
Motherhood delights. Entitlement keeps lists.
Motherhood laughs. Entitlement whines.
Motherhood celebrates. Entitlement sulks.
Motherhood forgets itself in favor of remembering her dimple, his fastest mile, their mouths all ringed around with chocolate.
Entitlement tastes bitterness in every bite of a day that doesn’t go as planned.
So as I was taking both kids to church (twice) with me while my husband laid on the couch sick, I was reminded that I am not entitled to a day off, but I was reminded that God has made me a mother every day of the year and motherhood requires sacrifice and service!
This past year has been difficult and hard for me! Hard seeing all my sinful selfishness and self-centeredness that gets in the way of serving my family joyfully! I am grateful God has been gracious enough to show me my sin and by His grace He is at work in sanctifying me and growing me as I learn to put off and put on!

Sorraya got ahold of the wipes and took a few out and was wiping the floor with them!
She was a crabby, clingy girl today, so I put her in the carrier so I could still get things done - plus she didn't want to just sit and snuggle!
Once Sorraya was done being in it, Ryken wanted it strapped on him. He asked if I could put Raya in it for him....ummm no! But thanks for asking Bud!
So a bear it was instead! We were going to put Marlin in it, but he doesn't bend very well!
Tuesday, the Exhale group went to this new place called YMCA play loft!
I was sure I would have to pay since we are not members, but to my surprise, it was free! Apparently in the winter months every Tuesday they have a short time that is free!
I will remember this in the dead of winter next year!
This little dare devil loved walking around this cushioned wall/bench!
Ryken was too short to get up the stairs in the play place to the tractor...but with some help, he made it up there and loved it!!
Chris left for a work conference in Niagara, New York Tuesday evening. 
We got to take Chris to the airport, but he said to pick him up form work and then we spent some time together before we had to actually take him to the airport.
Good-bye kisses! 
Poor Ryken's face...and soon he was in tears!
Bye Daddy, we will miss you!
Ryken and I made little pizza's for supper that night!
Watching the cat in the neighbors window!
Once the kids went to bed, our next door neighbor came over (her husband was away for work too) and we watched Mom's Night Out together! It was nice to not have to watch it alone!
We laughed and enjoyed it!
Most Wednesday mornings, we FaceTime with Grandma Flin!
Sorraya and I doing eskimo kisses!!
On Walmart trip during the week and we stopped by to see the fish! 
The man was cleaning out all the dead fish when we stopped by, so we watch! 
A good night picture to Daddy...as he was still traveling and couldn't talk to us that night!
We have had this piece of art that is framed that we have had for a while and it was broken during the move to our new house 2 years ago. I am just now getting around to seeing if someone can fix it so that it can be safely hung on the wall!
I found this local framer shop called The Framers! They said they repaired...so that is what we were after, since Hobby Lobby and Michaels don't! 
It was the coolest little place!
The bottom level of the house was the business and then this married couple lived on the upper two levels.
Here in the picture below, the man was taking apart the frame to see if he could fix it. But while we waited he played a song off of one of his monographs that he had in the store. He collects them and they were all hanging from the ceiling or sitting on shelves higher up. There were 20 or more. It was his hobby! There was also some other sort of music player that he played too - it was all very interesting! 
There were also 3 little dogs running around the store. They scared the kids at first, but then they wanted to pet one!
We left our frame there and he said he was 85% sure that he could fix it...so we will see when we get the call!!

Since we were DownTown for the frame shop, we went to the downtown library and played in the Wiggle Room!
There are all sorts of dress up customs there and Ryken loved the mailman one. And there was a little mail box too that he was putting papers in!
Then he was a chef, making a delicious meal!
Once we were done playing, we stopped and all shared a smoothy that was from a little cafe right outside the library!
Daddy FaceTimed us while he was over by Niagara Falls! It was so neat that he called us while there, so we could see! He loved being able to share it with us! 
and we loved being able to see it!
Tracing his name!
Sorraya's first time coloring!!
Chris came in late Friday night and since we couldn't meet him at the airport...the kids and I made signs for his car and dropped them off!!
Since we were over by the airport, we spend most of the evening there just enjoying the beautiful weather!
Watched some planes come in!
Picked some dandelions!!
He picked one just for me! Can't remember what he said, but it was done all on his own!
My sweet boy...
And sunshine of a girl!!
Lady bug was spotted!!
We then took a walk around the airport and found this fun little path!
They loved running in it!
Saturday morning was exciting for the kids to have daddy home again!!
He sure was missed!
Later we went to the mall and spent a lot of time by the fish and just letting the kids run around!
After dinner in the food court, Sorraya was checking out the fireplace (which wasn't on) with daddy!

Here are some pictures of Chris business trip in Niagara, NY!
His hotel was the tall building!
 View out his hotel window!!
 On his way across to the Canadian side of the falls. 
 All the tall buildings over on the Canadian side!
 View from on the bridge!
 Way over on the farthest side of the Canadian falls!
 Lights starting to come onto the falls! There were colored lights as well!
 Retired Navy Ships!
 Retired U.S. Air Force plane!
The conference was very helpful and beneficial and he was thrilled to be able to see the Niagara Falls  while there! 
When he was showing me the pictures he said over and over how the pictures just don't do it justice!!

Celebrating the ordinary moments that make life extraordinary!

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet Mother's Day photos! And sorry Chris had to travel. Having hubby/daddy gone is never something that I look forward to but it looks like you made the most of it and had a FUN time with the kids! There are sure some cute pictures of Ryken and Raya! They just get cuter and cuter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that quote, thanks for sharing. Gonna write that one down!

    ReplyDelete