A new tradition has started!
The first snow fall (over an inch) celebration!
On Wednesday, November 26, we woke up to the first snow fall of the season....with snow plows and everything.
To welcome it in we had a fun day planned ahead of us. (Thanks to the internet to help with ideas)
God was gracious to display His beauty all the more with a SunDog!
The snow and it's beauty is one thing, but the SunDog is a beautiful bonus.
The new tradition consists of 4 simple things!
1) Get the snowman cookie jar from storage and bake cookies to put in it and then write the date of the snow fall on the bottom of it for our own special records.
Excited to bake!
I would have loved to make snowflake shaped sugar cookies...but being that it was the day before Thanksgiving and we were hosting it...I just didn't see that happening.
Such an easy recipe too!
Chocolate Chip Cake Cookies
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick of butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
Cream the butter, eggs and vanilla. Add cake mix and continue to blend. Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts and scoop onto cookie sheet in small circles. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees.
What makes it even more fun, is that this was Chris' cookie jar from when he was a little boy. That made Ryken like it all the more!!
Ryken got to put the cookies in the jar!
He said it tickled the snowman's belly to have all those cookies in his belly!
2) Take a picture of the kids footprints in the snow with the year written in snow.
Since it was -17 windchill that day, I took the kids shoes out and made the imprint for them while they were napping. (that's why the footprints look perfect ;) haha)
I know Ryken would have loved to be out in the snow and help shovel...but it was just too bloody cold!
3) Make snowflakes to put up in the windows!
4) Drink Hot Chocolate
It was fun, and I look forward to when the kids can enjoy it all the more in the years to come!








SOOOOO amazing!!! Your kids are going to look forward to the first snow fall so much!!!!! So creative! You are such a fantastic mom, Ally!
ReplyDeleteHOW FUN!!! I might have to steal this idea since we live in a place with snow as well! I always look forward to the first snow but might as well make it an EXTRA SPECIAL day as well! I agree with Jenn - fantastic mom award to you on that one!
ReplyDeleteHow fun!!! I wish I could do a tradition like this… maybe I'll have to do First day the weather hits below 70! hahaha!
ReplyDelete