Week of October 26
We love to pass the fish in Walmart each shopping trip!
He started singing in the hairbrush all on his own Tuesday morning!
It made me laugh!! He has a blast!
Sorraya had her 9 month well-check this week! Ryken playing with all the toys in the waiting room! There was a fish tank too that he loved!
It was a happy visit! No shots!
Ryken got into the book stash!
There was a pumpkin contest going on while we were there, so we took a look and voted. I can't remember which one I actually voted for...when I asked Ryken, he changed his mind about 3 times.
Play date with Ivan and Rachelle! Got to see their new house!
Ryken got to draw. Rachelle has an art major and is a very talented drawer - so I thought it was very kind of her to let him use high quality paper and colored pencils.
On Monday, our "check engine" light came on in the van. It is still under warranty from the first owners. So I took it in right away...on Wednesday. The guy looks at the light and he said it was for tire pressure NOT check engine! haha! Oh man! Should have had Chris look at it! These newer vehicles...I tell you! But we got more air in our tires and they did look at one of the sliding doors that was growling at us and they ordered a new part. So we get to come back next week!! YAY!
All in a line!
I am thankful for these sweet little reminders of children at play and the way their minds work...especially on rough days!
I can't help but stop, breath and smile!
Nothing better than a garage for his cars than the silverware holders in the dishwasher!
:)
I was rolling plastic bags again and Ryken had a blast helping me!
He would hand me a new bag and with each one he would pull out of the pile he would look to see what store it was from. He associates with people and places so much. He got them all right. It was such a joyous time for him. Screaming and jumping up and down with excitement sort of joyous time! I remember learning about kids learning through environmental print in college and always thought it was a neat concept...and here my son loves it and gets it!
This is Ryken nursing Marlin and looking at his "phone" while doing so!
A good reminder that their little eyes are always looking and watching what we do!
It did get into the 40's this week... so Ryken found some well insulated garages for his cars! :)
We collected some leaves, sticks and "berry's" and made a collage.
He arranged them by lining them up and I glued them! He was obsessed with the berry's, but when I asked him what his favorite was...he said the stick! :)
Pure boy!
Just relaxing!!
Making a Happy Birthday video for Cousin Ember who turned 2 this week!
Sorraya was so distracted with the balloons!
So big!
She started putting her hands up in the air when she was eating her puffs...so we started saying goal ...since we were watching soccer at the moment! But then it quickly changed to How big is Raya?
SO BIG!
Celebrating ordinary moments that make life extraordinary!













Haha! Ryken cracked me up multiple times in this post! I love that he was nursing Marlin! Hilarious... and the "phone" too is just too great! He is such a clever boy finding places for all his cars! And who knew plastic bags could be so exciting! Oh! And the hairbrush singing is also adorable and priceless! :) :)
ReplyDeleteNursing Marlin! OMG! They pick up on EVERYTHING! Too funny! Ryken sure does love his cars! How fun! He has quite the imagination, which is so great! And look at Sorraya growing up so fast! So cute! And teaching her to throw her hands up to say "goal" just seems right with a daddy who loves Arsenal!
ReplyDeleteOh boy! Too many cute things to comment on....love that you visit the fish! We have our walmart weekly rituals as well; checking if a movie is on, stopping by the bakery for a free cookie sample and a rice cake while mama checks out! I am going to have to add in the fish visit! Planning to buy a fish for them when we do orange fish in a couple weeks, but a weekly trip to the tank is special!
ReplyDeleteLove all the things with cars in this post. And marlin.....oh boy! I get it...raelynn was "on her phone" the other day, which was a piece of paper and I said something to her (that I can't remember what it was but it was not super important) and she said "just a moment" and scrolled her finger on her paper. Ooooh, ouch.