Saturday, November 15, 2014

Day 2 Day Joys

Week of November 2
On Sunday, Ryken got to wear his very first tie and got to hold the door open for people in-between Sunday School and church!
He was so excited to show Pastor Doug this tie. Then when Pastor Doug came in the room before Sunday School started, he just proclaims very loudly, "Pastor Doug, I got a tie on!!!" All attention was on him! 
Ryken loves it when Daddy pretends to sleep in his bed. So this time Ryken went to sleep with him. Both are sucking their thumbs.
Ryken can only last so long, before he can't take the pretending anymore and just giggle and laugh!!
We got some branches from the tree's around our house and made a thankful tree!
I pre-cut a bunch of leaves and we talked about what Thankful was and meant. We put a few leaves up and then I told him to tell me of other things that he is thankful for when he thinks of them. He usually says "I'm thankful for something else, Mom." I said what's that and he usually starts off saying ummmm... but then says something. He enjoys it, and it has certainly has helped him be more verbally thankful, which was my hope!
And when I was cutting more leaves, he took the ones that were cut and he was matching them to the shape on the template page, all on his own. He is like puzzle activities more and more.
Monday night, Chris said he was craving Banana cream pie. So we went to Sonic and got a treat. Chris' was a Banana Cream Pie shake and Ryken got to benefit from both of our shakes! :) Happy boy, so you can tell!
Oh and our sonic is one of the few that has an indoor seating area to accommodate the weather conditions here! 
Ryken has been blowing on Raya's belly each night when she gets in her jammies. It's so funny. Raya loves it and so does Ryken. They just laugh and giggle! Love it! I think I called them Raspberries, but he calls them strawberries or blueberries!! 
Tuesday, was voting day!
After supper, we went and did our part! We drove on a street called Mickey Mouse when we were looking for the place to go. 
Back at the dealership again this week! Last time for a while I hope!
The kids had fun crawling around!
Ryken lined up the chairs and made a bus or train!
We got to watch a brand new car come into the building and park to be on display.
Fun with the laundry this week!!
Ryken is a big help with laundry. He helps sort. He helps gather it and bring it to the washer and throws it in, or waits for me to pick him up to toss it in. Then he loves to push the start button and watch as the water comes in and his favorite part it when it starts spinning around! :)
Ryken sorted the socks today for the first time and did a great job. At one point I looked over and he created a match that was incorrect and then later I noticed that he had corrected himself! 
He did great and loved doing it!
As I was putting Sorraya's spit up rags I was noticing that there were only 6. That means in a week time, we only used 6. That is huge! Sorraya is really coming to a stop with spitting up! That's great progress!
We love the geese that fly over and around our house. Ryken gets so excited when he see's them and hears them honking! 
A lady from my mom's group lives down the street and she happens to have the same layout of house as well do...so she so kindly agreed to get together so I could get some decorating tips from her! Her house was decorated beautifully and 90% of the thing were from garage sales, craigslist or thrift stores. Pretty neat! So I went to thrift stores later in the week! ;)
We had Ellen over for lunch and made pancakes, since she loves them so much! She got to feed Sorraya which she loved, since she never got to feed her own baby girl! :(
Ryken and Ellen switched hats for a picture!!
She sure does love these kids! :)
Fun in the tub!! Sorraya is getting brave and wanting to stand up in the tub! Not the best spot my dear!
I was making cookies and made a mess! Ryken recognized the mess and went and got a rag to clean it up. Then he continued to "clean" spots around the kitchen.
Then I look and see that he got down two of our coasters (which have been called nursing pads a number of times, haha) and put one under each foot and started drying the ground. It was hilarious! But once again...love his creativity and imagination. 
Sorraya waits at the gate for daddy to come up the stairs once he is home from work. Ryken gets let down to go and greet him. And then both want in his arms! He is so loved and cherished. 
What a man! Holding one baby and pushing the other one around the floor in a box! Blessed kids they are!! 


Celebrating ordinary moments that make life extraordinary!



4 comments:

  1. Haha! Chris looks so funny in that tiny little bed! But you can totally see that Ryken is on the brink of laughter in the first picture! It is so funny how little kids love helping and cleaning! Ember always grabs a towel from the kitchen if there is the smallest mess or water. I should let her help more with the laundry! I bet she would like it. I love the "raspberries" on Sorraya's stomach! So so sweet! And so fun that you have Ellen there to bless and be blessed by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! And I LOVE the thankful tree too! Such a good idea to start getting the little ones thinking about being thankful and how much we are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny that Ryken was so excited about his tie! He looks adorable in it for sure! Love the thankfulness tree idea. I can't wait for Jace to talk more--I'd love to do this with Jace to help remind him to be thankful. I pinned ideas for this on Pinterest for when he gets older! :) I think kids at this age LOVE to help clean--Jace has to use whatever I am using to clean the house at the same time. If I am mopping, he has to help me, if I am dusting, he needs to dust. It slows down the process tremendously but I always remember to thank him for the "help". If he finds a rag he will wipe windows, chairs, etc. It's always fun to get decorating ideas from other people, especially when they have decorated on a budget! Marshalls and Ross have some awesome home decor things! Ellen sure seems like a very sweet lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the thankful tree!! Such a cute idea! :) I love seeing pictures of your family!

    ReplyDelete