Started off the week with the orange Discovery box.
Excited!
Inspecting all the pieces.
Using a crayon, marker and do-a-dot on his color page.
We mixed ketchup and mustard to make the color orange.
He was a little unsure about the texture at first.
But later enjoyed it.
Ryken liked putting his orange letters and numbers down the paper towel roll and having them drop into the basket.
He wondering if it would work the other way too.
Ryken went fishing for goldfish.
He dipped his stick pretzels into sun butter and then grabbed a fish. It was hard for him to get a fish most times, cause he didn't get enough sun butter on the pretzel.
But pretzels and sun butter soon became a new favorite snack.
Orange is for monarch butterflies.
Ryken painted an orange monarch butterfly with q-tips.
I had to remind him many times that they do not go into his ears.
He enjoyed watching monarch butterflies videos too.
Orange is for orange juice.
So we had to make orange juice.
He sure loves to stir.
He was so excited to drink some.
I found it very interesting, he kept talking about Matthew (his cousin) after he drank some of the orange juice. I didn't understand at first, but then i remembered that the first time he ever tasted orange juice was at Nana and Papa's house when he found Matthew's sippy cup and guzzled down the orange juice in his cup. Good memory, son!
And he says orange juice the cutest way! :)
Orange is for pumpkin.
Looking at his book in our new recliners we got that morning! :) We love them!
Painting a pumpkin.
There was this pumpkin packet online that we did a little from. Printable Pumpkin packet.
He doesn't have much patience for puzzles…but I keep trying.
Orange is for Tigers and Leafs
Putting stripes on his tiger.
Making leaf prints.
Taped leaves down and painted over them, then removed the leaves.
He enjoyed throwing leaves around.
And thought that some belonged in the Christmas tree.
Orange is for carrot.
Playing in his dirt sensory bin. He enjoyed the real carrot in there.
Found this shape carrot match up on line. Thought we would give it a try, but since it was another puzzle, it didn't last to long.
Then we made these yummy carrot cookie sandwiches together.
Ryken putting in the grated carrots.
Watching them cook.
They actually turned out much better than I expected! Always a bonus.
Next week is: Yellow




















What is sun butter? Love the links added in now! Will be helpful:) looks like another fun week filled with lots of activities!
ReplyDeleteIt is like peanut butter but made with sunflower seeds! Ryken still gets allergic reactions with peanut butter! I saw when you started doing links on your blog and figured it out! They are helpful!
ReplyDeleteGee golly! When I start a type of Tot School with Ember..... I am coming here!! :) Great work momma!
ReplyDelete