This might not come as a shock to most of you...
But I am thankful for the rain today.
Not just the rain, but God's forgiveness as well.
Sometime in High School, someone shared this illustration with me about rain and God's forgiveness to us.
Just as you see the raindrops on your windshield, they keep coming and coming. Then you use your windshield wipers and they disappear. The window is clean until the raindrops start coming again.
Same with God.
We sin and sin and sin and sin some more, but God graciously takes our sins and wipes them away and our slate is clean again and again....
What a gracious, loving and forgiving God we serve.
What a gracious, loving and forgiving God we serve.

Whew!! Glad you are thankful today too! :)
ReplyDeleteNo surprise at all that you are thankful for the rain! And great analogy to God's forgiveness toward us as we fail him and sin against him over and over! Thanks for the reminder! Great talking to you today.
Great talking to you today too Mama! :)
DeleteI wish it would rain here more often! :) I've been doing a lot of reading and studying in I John 1, and so much has to do with sin and God. The analogy you gave reminds me of I John 1:9 where it says "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." We have such a merciful God!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing the verse! It's a beautiful one indeed.
Delete