Thursday, January 15, 2015

Day 2 Day Joys: Jan 4-10

Week of January 4

Aaarrrrrr!!
Not many pictures were taken the first part of the week as I got the stomach flu on Tuesday morning and Chris stayed home for the first half of the day to take care of the kids. Plus, we had an appointment for our floor to be fixed that someone had to be present for. Then Tuesday night, Chris got the stomach flu. We didn't know if he would end up going to Florida later in the week or not. But he felt well enough to!

Sweet story! 
Ryken loves sitting at the bar stools and when I am making our food he says most of the time, "You can sit with me!" Always offering the seat next to him! 
Cleared out their cabinet and crawled in. 
Pretending to sleep!
Mom was working on a art project, so Ryken got to paint as well!
He asked if he could paint one of the letters. How fitting that when I planned it all out the letter R was to be painted orange. R for Ryken and orange is what he would have picked. He loved helping!
Sorraya has been loving this box! She just finds it and climbs in and sits in it!
Chris left for Florida on Thursday morning for a work trip!
Ryken learned where a new state was!

Chris' plane was delayed and didn't get in till late, then they had to drive an hour and half to the hotel, so we didn't get to FaceTime with him the first night. But Ryken enjoyed watching his plane fly on the app!
It snowed Thursday morning and was really windy all day that I never got out to shovel the snow. I was planning to do it once the kids were in bed (since Chris was gone - so the only time to shovel when it is so cold out is when the kids are sleeping) and while I was getting the kids ready for bed, I head a hum outside and sure enough, our kind neighbor across the street had come over and cleared it for us. It was such a blessing. I was so thankful for the way he served our family with kindness!
On Monday, when we went grocery shopping, Ryken was playing with a clip board that had a calculator attached to it and he loved the calculator. I told him I could find one at home for him to play with. Got home and could not find one (thought we had a handful of them, but I left them all in AZ). So later in the week, we had to go to the store and he asked for a calculator! Loved it! So he picked this red one out and loves pushing the buttons. He asked me later to show him how it works! 
Sorraya loves standing at the window and looking out!
Trying on hats at Target!
This silly girl LOVES to point! She is always pointing at what catches her eye or interests her! 
She will point, then look at you to see if you see it and just keeps pointing! It's an adorable little habit she has developed!
We were watching YouTube videos of deep sea fishing because dad was doing that in Florida!
This girl loves to eat!!!!
Working hard and diligent on a welcome home sign for daddy! He was such a good sport, as there were many many letters to help color on! 
My project while Chris was away!
An Art wall for the kids artwork!

Chris' time in Florida
Riding along one of the canals!
Dinner at Fisherman's Village - shops along the marina!
Saturday the whole group went on a deep sea fishing excursion!
Here is the boat!
Some of Chris' fish he caught!
They spent some time at the beach after the excursion!
Enjoyed some beautiful sunsets!

Celebrating ordinary moments that make life extraordinary!


3 comments:

  1. That art work wall looks AMAZING!!!! I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! Both of you guys ended up with the stomach flu? That's so awful! Glad Chris was better in time for the trip! It seems like your family's sickness has matched mine… I was beyond sick last week (Matt has never seen me so sick) and I couldn't take anything for it with baby boy growing inside. My OB prescribed me a z-pack 5 days later because it moved to my chest and I had no voice and she didn't want it turning into pneumonia. Thankfully that worked, but the last 2 weeks were rough. Is your family better now? Ryken is so sweet to offer the seat next to him every time… so cute! And your art project wall looks sooooo great! Very impressed. I have so many ideas like that on my Pinterest for down the road! Looks like Chris had fun in Florida. Too bad you couldn't join him!!! And your neighbor is so sweet… I seriously started to tear up at the thought of him being so kind to shovel your driveway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! Random acts of kindness are the best! Nice neighbors. And I love that Sorraya points. That is so cute. Emmerson does that an awful lot too! And looks like Chris had a great time too in Florida... maybe next time you guys can go too!

    ReplyDelete