A few people have asked about updated pictures from the inside the house!
There is much work in progress that is happening so I have a hard time putting pictures up till a room is complete!
So here are a few updates along the way!!
The Nursery
We used the same bedding that we had for Ryken when he was first born and kept it for the nursery upstairs. I am thankful that I decided to go gender neutral before Ryken was born, because it has turned out nice and works just perfect for Sorraya.
Anyways, so now that we are in our house and can make things more permanent, we are doing just that...but very slowly!
The nursery upstairs is quite big and has lots of wall space and just space in general. So I have been trying to find something to put up on the walls that was cheap, but filled the big space!
I found these bunting banners at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago, and they matched pretty much perfectly. I got a blue, yellow and green. Still not sure what I am doing with them, but been playing around with them on the walls to get some ideas and find the perfect sport.
There will be a 3 piece wall art set going up above the crib, which is coming together very nicely. It is almost complete as well!
I still plan to get a curtain rod and hang the curtains that my sister got for us that were matching to the bed set, but did not come with it. So I am so excited to get those up, cause they will help fill the walls and add more color!!
Kids's room downstairs
You may remember be talking about how I was going to be making an alphabet wall for the kids room downstairs...well things have changed!
We are still doing a ABC wall, but instead of me going around and finding each letter and creating it all from scratch, we bought one! :)
I was planning the wall out and I asked Chris what he thought about it, and he started looking online at unfinished wood letters and getting a price for them... he did some math and said what it could add up too, which I knew wasn't all that cheap. Then he looked up unfinished ABC sets ready to decorate and do yourself, and he found this one that was the cheapest I have ever seen. I thought getting the letters myself would be cheaper, so I never asked Chris if we could get a ABC set that was already made and ready to decorate....but it was such a nice and fun surprise when he said with no hesitation that I could get this set!!! :)
So it is the 26 letters and an & sign. It is designed to hang a certain way, and I like it, so I am just going to keep it, instead of making up a new one.
The next step is to get spray paint and paint them and hang them. I chose 5 different colors and I figured out what letters should be what color. So it is getting close!
We just have to wait for some warmer and dryer weather so I can go out in the dirt yard and spray paint them!!
If you can't tell, I am so excited about it! :)
Can't wait to share it when it is all done!
Furniture
Another new and exciting thing that is happening inside the house is we are having Amish furniture made. It has been a long process, but a fun one.
A friend here in Fargo has a brother who has a Amish furniture store, so we are helping them out and they helped us out with some discounts. Win, win!
We started this process when my mom was still here in early February right after Sorraya was born. Chris and I went out for a couple hours and looked at furniture at the big furtniture stores and were not pleased with the quality for the money they wanted. So we looked into having furniture made and that is where we are at.
Chris has spent much time researching and searching for woods, stains and styles. He's made spreadsheets and had me rate items from least to greatest. We went to a Amish furniture store about an hour away twice to look at the furniture itself the first time and then to look at stain samples the 2nd time.
Last week, we put in our order and the process is starting!!
We have a hickory bench coming for our entry way. So people can sit down to take their shoes off and put them on. Plus, it will be nice to have something to set things on as we get ready to leave or come in.
We are getting 2 brown maple end tables for our living room. Now we don't have to use out stools from our island in the kitchen for drinks and remotes!
We are also getting a dinning room table and 8 chairs. This item has taken the longest to decide on. We have changed our minds on the wood and stains a number of times, but we settled on a two toned table that we think will just be so beautiful. It will be a cherry table top and then the skirt around the table as well as the legs will be a brown maple. We fell in love with this cherry stain called Michael's cherry, so that is what the top is, and then the bottom half is a darker color that matches very closely with our dark cabinets.
We can't wait to see how it all looks!!
It will be a few months before we get it, plus it is coming from Tennessee, so to deliver it will take some hours driving!
There you have it! Not so many pictures, but a very detailed update!!

How exciting... custom furniture!!! Can't wait to see it!!! The nursery and Ryken's rooms will look so good! I can't wait to see the changes. Great idea with the little hanging triangle things... I had gotten the orange ones for Blake's party! It's fun to have little projects to work out!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update!! Everything sounds so good! I too love that you guys are getting custom furniture! So unique! Can't wait till it is finished!
ReplyDelete