Today I am thankful for:
a successful outing
Today was the first time I went somewhere with both kids, on my own.
We went to Walmart! :) - got to keep it practical!
On Monday, when my mom was still here, I went and got our weekly groceries, but as I soon found out once at home, that I forgot a few things. So I had a small list to get later in the week!
It went great!
We were met at the door with a cart that someone was returning!
Sorraya made one little squeak in her sleep!
Ryken stayed put when I told him too and had to let go of his hand.
We had to document the time. We tried to get all of us! You can see a glimpse of Sorraya's car seat. I should have brought my big camera, and set the 10 second timer! ;)
I figured it would be hard to shop for groceries with a car seat in the main part of the cart, but this little trip was very telling, there is very little room left for sure! :)
Do I have to push one cart and pull another one?
What do you other mothers of more than one child do?
Some weeks, I will go at night when Chris is home, but that won't be every week!!
Both kids were sleeping on our way home!!
I am thankful for the positive experience!
I think we will do it again! :)
God's grace has been so evident and overflowing this week, as I am figuring out how life works with 2 kids! :)
I couldn't be more thankful!!



So thankful for a positive first outing alone. You are doing a great job with those kiddos. Thankful along with you!!!
ReplyDeleteYay glad it went well! That is always nice! :) My positive shopping experience (the one I have had...) helped when I turned Kade facing outwards (while wearing him) and Blake in the cart. :)
ReplyDeleteYAY! So cute!
ReplyDeleteHOORAY! Glad you will go out with them both again sometime ;) Not that I am speaking from experience but I bet a carrier (like Jenn mentioned) would be very helpful because I took Ember in her car seat into the store many times and ran out of room with just her and the groceries!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the carrier idea! I should have been more clear with my question,... What to do when it is so cold out that you can't put the baby in the carrier outside in the below 10 degrees or below negatives. It would defeat the purpose of bringing the car seat into the store then take the baby out and put her in the carrier, then I am still stuck with the big car seat taking up room! But once it is warmer, I do plan on using the carrier! Can't wait! :)
ReplyDelete