Thursday, February 20, 2014

He's Growing Up

Yesterday reminded me that my little boy is growing up!!

Ryken has been getting free books in the mail through the program Imagination Library since he was born.
He got his last free book in the mail yesterday.
 They send them till the child's 2nd birthday.
Ryken will be 2 in 2 weeks!!!!

Ryken's big boy bedding came in the mail yesterday as well!!
My original plan for the kids room down stairs was different, but thats what I get for wanting to copy a picture I saw... you can't always find the things.
So this became plan B.

Ryken trying it out!!
Look at that smile. :)
Oh and knowing our son, we wouldn't be surprised if he slept like this - his feet over the railing. 
 Nana, Papa, Aunt Christy, Matthew and the whole Schuck family (Chris' oldest sister) are coming this weekend to meet Sorraya.
Matthew will get the privilege of sleeping in his bed this weekend.
Once the weekend is done, we plan to start him napping in his new bed, in the new room downstairs.

I have started the wall art in the kids room as well.
I have always loved these alphabet wall's that I have seen online!
This one has a color scheme, which I plan to do, but I also plan to add in some other things for different letters! 
So it will be a long process, but I am excited about it!!
My mom and I went last weekend looking at what is around for letters, and we found this on clearance. 
It was a good start and it being on clearance made it all the better!!

So our baby is growing up and is showing himself to be a great big brother!!


3 comments:

  1. So cute! I've been contemplating the big boy bed myself! These boys are growing up too fast! Love the idea for the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got the LLAMA LLAMA RED PAJAMA book too! It is a cute one! And I also really like the bedding. And that alphabet wall will be FUN!! Can you buy wooden letters and paint them or wrap them in twine for some of them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is a list long of ideas I have gathered from looking at a bunch of different ones online. It will be a fun project!

      Delete