Rectangles
Enjoying a do-a-dot
Putting rectangles on the pencils.
He was getting fancy and putting a big one on both pencils.
Ryken painted rectangles.
Mommy had to help a little toward the end.
Peeled off the tape and there was a big and a little rectangle.
Rectangle is for Door.
Making rectangles with matching up popsicle sticks.
Ryken had a snack with lots of rectangles.
He picked off everything from the crackers first thing! haha!
Button match up!
Dropping buttons into the rectangle opening of the tissue box.
Rectangle is for picture.
We talked about how it is a rectangle.
Here he spotted daddy!! :) He sure loves his daddy!
We made a picture frame out of the Kleenex box and decorated it.
I realized I had hardly anything to add to it...so pom poms and beads it was.
Rectangle is for Pillow.
Making rectangle shapes in play playdough.
Then he was putting the lids back on the containers!
Idea from a friend. Covered a box with computer paper and he colored it.
Didn't last to long on this one!
Ryken painting his pillow case with colored ice cubes!
They were taking too long to melt...so I got them wet to help get some color out.
Once Ryken had enough of the tub with no water in it...we put some water in it and watched the ice cubes really melt.
Here he is mixing the colors.
Rectangle is for Flag.
Ryken checking out his flag...he was waving it like crazy!
We did a shape hunt again...but this time I hid the shapes and he found them and came and put them in the rectangle box.
My friend had done this version and so we tried it.
It was a huge hit!! He was so excited to find the next one!
Ryken making a flag out of lots of rectangles.
Making flag toast.
Cream cheese as the base, strawberry jam for the red stripes, bananas for the white stripes and blue berries for the stars.
Of course he liked it! It's primarily fruit!
For not as many of ideas for rectangles, compared to other shapes, it was still a fun week!
Next week is Ovals!
















Your snack ideas are so creative! Can't wait to do shapes with dec so I can use some ideas:) what will you do with the pillow case? Or is it washable?
ReplyDeleteThis snack idea was from Pinterest. It fit perfectly and we had everything! Just had to do it. The pillow case was an old one... I just washed it today and it did come out. If it didn't I was just going to throw it away! It wasn't for Ryken's pillow or anything, just to go along with the pillow theme! :)
DeleteDid you have a pillow fight?!?! :)
ReplyDeleteNo we didn't! We should have though, once dad got home!
DeleteSo cute! I loved all your rectangle ideas!!!
ReplyDelete