Ovals
These bright books always have the shape over the page number in the corner and Ryken enjoyed pointing to them on each page with each shape that the book came in that we used.
He also said oval a couple times during this book.
Ryken is improving with do-a-dots. It's so fun to see him make dots. He is getting very controlled. I can point to a circle and he will make a dot.
Ryken practiced scooping and pouring with 15 bean soup...since some of the beans look like ovals! :)
He loved it! He spent the longest time filling up the ice cub tray.
Then I added plastic easter eggs and that also was a huge hit.
They were all broken apart here...
...and I left and came back and he was putting them all back together with the right color.
It was exciting to see, since he doesn't know colors. But his eye can see the similarity.
Oval is for glasses.
Haha... This activity made me laugh.
He looks so different.
He didn't care for them on his face that much, but showed Grandma and Grandpa on Facetime and kept them on longer!
Button match up.
Oval is for Eggs
Saw this activity on a blog and didn't know if i would be able to find this paper...apparently it has been around for a while! :)
But I did, first stop!
So we made shrinky dink eggs.
Sharpies is the only marker that worked that we had at the house...I was a little scared to let Ryken use it...since it is so permanent. But he did pretty good.
Mommy had to help quite a bit so they didn't turn out white!
But he did better coloring with marker than he has with crayons.
Ready to go into the oven and shrink!
Watching them shrink and curl.
Melting away!
All done! See how much they shrunk!
We linked our oval rings together!
Ryken was wearing them as a big necklace and was dancing to music with his bling on.
Oval is for potato.
I must say, I had never heard of this book before, but I loved it.
It was not your typical magic pot book... instead of them being selfish and greedy, they were content and giving.
Plus it has great illustrations! :)
Just thought i would put it out there!
Matching up big and small ovals. He has been improving with this activity as well.
Examining a real potato.
Painting with potatoes.
He did great with dipping it in one color at a time and then onto the paper!
Oval is for egg...again
Putting pom poms in and out of the eggs.
This shows Ryken's silly personality so much. Just had to add it! :)
Ryken enjoyed putting his shrinky dink eggs into his eggs as well.
Putting eggs into water to hard boil them.
*The stove was not on yet! :)*
He actually was very gentle with the eggs. I was quite surprised...and thanfkul!
Then we turned them into deviled eggs.
I love his face here, seeing the filling come out!
Such a big helper. He very much enjoyed it!
And deviled eggs aren't complete without paprika on top! :)
He gave some good hits! :)
It was another fun week!
Next week is our last shape week. It will be 4 shapes combined.
Rhombus, Crescent, Star and Heart!
Will be a lot for one week...but with everything being packed up, just too hard to have what is needed.
So we will be taking a little break until some boxes are unpacked and mom has time to plan the next unit! :)













No comments:
Post a Comment