Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The WHOLE Apple

Well Months ago at a Fellowship meal at church there was this homemade applesauce that was so yummy. 
Ryken was just starting out on solids and he loved it and gobbled it down!
We found out who made it and I got the steps to make it!
 The thing that she stressed the most was you use the WHOLE apple! 
Stem, seeds, core... the WHOLE thing! :)
Oh and the apples have to be organic to use all of it!!
I was a little skeptical of it, but did it anyways.
Turns out the food process did better than I expected. She said she used a Vita-Mix...but we just have a food processor!!
I will say that since our food processor can only do so well, I found a lot of seeds that were still pretty much whole. So next time I will probably take those out of the apple before I throw them in!

I have this chronic problem of putting too much cinnamon in things. So it turned out good straight from the food processor, but I went and ruined it with too much cinnamon. 
If it is mixed with oatmeal or something it isn't too bad. But on it's own it is a little strong. 
So next time, I will start small with the cinnamon (which I thought I did this time) and add if needed! 
I wasn't given an actual recipe...just an "eye it" kinda instructions...so there is always room for error in that case! 

But I learned from my mistake...hopefully!

2 comments:

  1. You tried and now you know to hold back on the cinnamon. I bet it is still very good. I love apple sauce with cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cinnamon is good!! But I could understand it being too strong. Ah... a Vita Mix... Dustin dreams of getting one of those some day! :)

    ReplyDelete