Sunday, February 5, 2012

Baby Shower!!

Monday, January 30th at 7:00pm - Baby Shower for Baby Boy Brucks! 


It was a very nice time. Carol Rauser (who came to the wedding with her husband and son) graciously opened her home for the evening. We chatted for a while till most of the women had arrived before we started.
Julie, who is a hoot, had three games for the women to play.

First was, estimate the length of string you think will most closely go around me and by belly without being too short or too long.
Here is one of the younger girls who came with her mom to the shower. She is measuring out her yarn and when I watched her cut the string I thought wow that is way to short.
Little did I know, she was the most accurate of those who played. She won. The other ladies had way to long of pieces of yarn. By the lengths of them it looked like I was having 7 babies! 

The second game that Julie came up with was having a paper plate on your head and drawing a baby on it. It was more for just getting a good laugh! Some looked like babies and other well...they had to be explained...more than once. 


The third game was each person had a chopstick and the goal of the game was to pass the pacifier from one chopstick to the next without touching it with your hands. It was pretty entertaining. 


Then there was some time given for the ladies to write any advice that they had for Chris and I as we raise our little peanut. I read each of them out loud! It was fun!


"Every stage brings its own struggles and joys. Enjoy your child as they go through each stage, knowing that you had him for such a short time. Make the most of each day together."

"Remember your children grow quickly. Enjoy every moment, even the ones that seem to be not so enjoyable. You will find that those times are the ones you learn the most from, and will cherish in the future."

"My husband always told me if I was angry when I disciplined the kids then I didn't discipline them soon enough. First time obedience is the goal. And the anger of man never accomplishes the righteousness of God."

"A lady once gave me this advice - and I have often used it. When the day has gone down hill and chaos reigns and your husband is due home for dinner when none is yet ready - set the table. That way, when he comes in the door he will have hope that there is dinner on the way."

"Don't worry about 'milestones' every child is different."

"Enjoy everyday. Don't wish the days away. Before you know it he will be all grown. When he goes to college - don't let him go over seas."

"There is no thing as the perfect mother. So relax and enjoy your mistakes."

"Don't let your child not like vegetables! :)" - This was from a little girl who's family is vegetarian, haha!

"When you're reading a good book, do not stop at a good part and if they want another chapter you should read it to them. Ice cream fixes everything!" - also from a young girl!

"Use baby carriers - wear your baby as much as possible. Breastfeed as long as possible."

After the advice was given, there was a short time of pray for Chris, I and little R.C. 

Then a lady that I hardly know yet from the church, Victoria, gave a devotional. It was very nice. She made strong points of being a learning mom and a praying mom. It was very nice and encouraging.


Then we had cake! Look how cute it was! And especially that little sleeping baby! :)   


Then we opened gifts! We got many good and useful things. Some homemade and some store bought. 


 Diaper bag with lots of goodies inside!
 Scrapbook, photo box/memory box and elephant with blanket.
Diapers and baby frame!
Beautiful baby blanket, Elephant learning toy, and Johnny Jump Up.
Car shade, hair brush, nail clippers, and links.
Cute little bear outfit and photo album.
One of the younger girls made this green hat (he will grow into) and scarf for R.C. There is also a purple scarf for me. Another lady made this multi colored beanie which will fit him right away.
Bumbo tray, hangers and pacifiers.
 His first ND shirt (that one of the little girls picked out) And a Baby K'tan carrier.
 Monkey learning toy, changing wallet, frog bank, two books.
Hooded towel and two books.
 Another adorable little tiger outfit.
A little sleeper and shirts that snap on the side.
R.C.s first NDSU onesie and hat. Go Bison. This is where daddy went to school.
Grandma Flin sent us this book, since we didn't have it yet and it is the theme of the room! Funny! The mail was slow and we did not get it on Monday night, but Wednesday night at Prayer Meeting.

Long post has come to an end! :)

5 comments:

  1. The Lord is good! Beautiful gifts for your family. You are blessed greatly to have so many people to shower you with gifts. RC is going to be well taken care of. Love the variety of clothes too! Looking forward to seeing him in some of them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Now I am really bummed I was not there to meet all those ND woman who love you so much. I have to admit I got teary looking at the photos and reading our notes. God has richly blessed you and I am praising His name. Miss you my dear freind. Tomorrow I am mailing your "shower" gift. Thanks for keeping this blog up. I love seeing you and hearing all about your life in ND. God's richest blesssings! BTW thanks for the birthday card. I love you so much!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I wish I could have been there! You got such nice gifts and have such a fun group of ladies there. I enjoyed reading through the advice and agree with it all! You know you are at the month marker..that means you better get your bags packed:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I wish I could telaport! It would've been great to be there for the shower! I love all the gifts! It looks like Baby R.C. is going to have EVERYTHING he needs when he comes into this world! Praise God! Love and miss you little SIS!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and beautiful shower of blessings you received! You sound like there are many people to help you and take care of you, that's such a relief and encouragement, because it's too much to do alone. I know!! So thankful for your friends out there! We miss you here and are waiting anxiously for your gift from the Lord to arrive!!

    ReplyDelete