December 1, 2015 was the first big snow of the year!!
How perfect is that? 1st of December??! I loved it!!
Usually it is so cold out that we can't really go out and play and it be enjoyable...but today was different. Today was still slightly above freezing and very little wind. I knew I needed to jump on this opportunity or their might not be another one. So bundles up we got and had a BLAST!!!
The sled was a hit! Ryken liked pulling Raya, and they both liked being pulled by mom!
Look at that joy!!!
He was dying to get his shovel out! :)
It was nice wet snow...so we made a small snowman.
Ryken was so excited to be able to use a carrot for the nose!!
He plopped down in the snow and started making a snow angel all on his own! He was smiling the whole time. Loved seeing him have so much fun!!
It truly was a wonderful time playing outside together!!
My heart was full. We went inside and the kids had a warm bath!
Footprints in the snow!!
They went and found the snowman cookie jar in storage!
Made our easy snow cookies!!
Both kids got to help!
We added the date to the bottom of the cookie jar while they baked!
And added them to the cookie jar when they cooled! :)
(and I will be honest...I ate 95% of them)
Instead of making paper snowflakes this year, we tried something new that I liked much better!
Snowflakes with puffy paint!
Found this great snowflake window clings template tutorial.
The red and blue ones were done with fabric paint...they peeled off the ziploc bag, but I was afraid I wouldn't get them off the window. So just stick with puffy paint!! :) they really do work great!
We would have made more...but we only had so much paint and I didn't get around to getting more before the first snow fall!
Putting them up!!
Hot Chocolate!
Adding mini marshmallows!
Sorraya's time having it!! She was a fan! :)
He enjoyed it very much this time and was thrilled to use his little red cup again! :)
Mom and Dad in on the action! :)
It is a fun filled day I hope they look forward to each year!!





Okay okay okay.... I seriously love EVERYTHING about this post! Where to begin...
ReplyDelete1. The first snow! BEAUTIFUL! It really makes me wish we had a white winter here... and not going outside in a spaghetti strap to hang Christmas lights like I did on Sunday afternoon....
2. Your traditions are so fun. The kids will look forward to it every year!
3. What a fun time playing in the snow. For ALL! Those moments are truly ones you will remember.
4. Those snowflakes are SOOOO COOL! I may get some and do those with Jace. He would love it. We have snowflake window stickers on our back door that he plays with. How much more fun if he actually made them!
5. I laughed out loud about you eating 95% of the cookies. Sounds like me. Hehe.
6. Sorraya looks ADORABLE with the hot chocolate. Man she is growing up so fast. I only see it in pictures but she is just looking older and older every post I see recently.
7. Can't wait to see you all next week!!!! EEEEE!
8. Love and miss you.
I love this post!! What a FUN FUN FUN tradition!!! LOVE it all!
ReplyDeleteHere is yet another thing that I need to incorporate!! Great ideas that your kiddos will love and remember for years and years!!
ReplyDelete