Thursday, November 19, 2015

Day 2 Day Joys: Nov 8-14

Week of November 8

Sunday Best!
The beautiful sunset on our way to Valley City!
For Tot school, Ryken picked out some of his books and toys to give away! 
It was great that he didn't just pick out things that he didn't like as much- but things that he plays with on a regular basis! 
Ryken got to try out his lawn mower in our yard and loved it!!
He put more gas in it and fixed it about 8 times! haha! Guess that's what you get for a $3 lawn mower! ;)
Mohawk Raya!!
We had some fun in the tub, after we cleaned up after she pooped!
It's her favorite thing to do- mom's least favorite thing to deal with!
So back in the summer...some responsible neighbor kids shot a BB gun at our window and broke through one of our 2 pane windows! 
We are finally getting it fixed as we knew it would not be cheap! :(
But Ryken enjoyed watching them! And now we have a nice new window ready to keep the heat in for the winter!
On Saturday, we had the Bison game on while the kids were napping and i saw this shot and said, those are the people that Ryken got a picture with. So Chris quickly DVR'd it so we could show him later!! 
It wasn't 100% everyone...but 2 out of 3 were the same! 
So we quickly found out when I put Raya in her big winter coat that she can hardly be buckled in to her car seat anymore. So we quickly researched and found a new one for Ryken, so Sorraya can be in Ryken's old one and the infant car seat it left for new baby! :) :) 
Ryken was so excited about his new seat! He even squealed when I opened the box! It was too cute! He's his mother's son for sure!
He loved that it had orange on it AND his very own cupholder! :)
Sorraya trying it out too!
Once dad got home and after supper...we took a spin around so they could try out their new seats!!!
Pretty exciting!! 
Friday, I had my whole mom's group over. It was our Mentor Mom's birthday in the next week and we found a day that worked for everyone to come and celebrate with her! It was such a nice time! 
The kids had a picnic since we don't have enough chairs and table space for all the kiddos! 
There were 8 kids running around! It was fun to see everyone's kids too a little longer than just passing by! 
We love this time with all the geese flying around and about us! 
This one time, I heard a lot of commotion of them honking, so I figured it was a big flock of them.
So the kids and I rushed to the window to see and sure enough, a huge stretch a them. The picture doesn't do justice, as they just filled the sky near and far! 
Saturday, we spent the morning at the mall picking out new work shirts for Daddy!! - which was very successful and he looks so handsome in them! :)
We were there way past lunch, so we stopped and got lunch at the mall. It was a nice place AND it was a Saturday, so it was busy. Chris had the great idea of me taking the kids to the play place in the mall while he waited for the food. Which was so good, cause it really did take a long time! 
We had passed our frozen yogurt place during the week and Ryken has been asking to go...so Saturday night, after supper, we went and got some frozen yogurt! Ryken loves the little cups for samples. He also likes the big cups we all shared! :)
And we brought home 4 more spoons that we use on a regular basis! haha!

Celebrating the ordinary moments that make life extraordinary!!

4 comments:

  1. Love the new carseat! Ryken looks thrilled!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh... how sweet of Ryken to give away some of his favorite toys to Goodwill. I just started talking to Ember this week about donating and she said "But they are my toys and books..." Obviously, we have a little more teaching to do in this area. Haha! Love the new carseat! So much fun. And yummy Fro Yo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! Yay for new car seats! And frozen yogurt is always a yummy treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, love the idea of doing "God's little explorers!" I'm going to look into that more and maybe start that with Jace! I JUST was telling Matt a couple weeks ago how I want to revamp how I do tot school (or whatever I do with Jace) and really focus more on the Word and activities that can go along with that. Thanks for mentioning this. It may be what I've been wanting to do!

    ReplyDelete